Fett Fake on cosplay.com with TDH Members' Pics

Yeah man, owned. Either he's now scared of being exposed as a fraud and is trying to get rid of unwanted attention, or the mods over there had some due diligence and took affirmative action.

I would say it's the latter more than the former. I doubt this individual has the mental facilities to remove images that aren't his.

I hope this serves as a wake up call to him, but somehow, I doubt it!

Well, I dunno if you all PM'd the Admin already, or what, or if they are taking action against the user, but I can't access the gallery of this guy anymore. Either that, or it's gone. Here's the PM I just sent to Admin on Cosplay.Com:

Hello Admin,

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=25134

This is the thread wherein we are discussing this costume thief, and now he is apparently trying to backpedal and make excuses for what he has done. Some of The Dented Helmet's members have gotten PMs from him on their accounts here.

http://www.cosplay.com/member/73846/

This is the user's profile, however it seems you have already gotten notations about which images are offenders or have decided to scrap his account altogether. I cannot seem to view any images of his own. If this is administrator action against said user, then thank you.

It should also be of note that the user has created another account, at:

http://www.cosplay.com/member/93425/

I thank you for your prompt action, and I know the members of our community are appreciative as well.

-Xero

Sorry for being so late about it; I was awake from 2:30PM Tuesday to noon today, and so I came home from classes and passed out. I would never make a good security guard, lol...

Is this the end of this saga?

I may have this issue solved guys. I posted a complaint against him at this thread:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=144774
As you can see, the Admin has requested links to the pictures that he has stolen. We need to identify the images, and get links to them. Once I have the proof that we need, I'll send the Admin a PM, and he won't be a problem anymore.
Sam

I got the same message

Boba Fett said:
Hey "pal", if you noticed, i have the initials (PH) next to almost all pix in this file. it stands for photoshop, which means that i have found peoples pix and fix them, giving them better quality. THE POINT TO THIS FOLDER IS SO THAT PEOPLE FIND THERE PIX HERE, TAKE THEM BACK,ALL FIXED UP, AND PUT THEM IN THEIR OWN PROFILE GALLERY. ONCE THE HAVE DONE SO, THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO CONTACT ME AND LEMME KNOW THAT THEY HAVE DONE SO, THAT WAY I CAN REMOVE THEM FROM THE SIGHT AND HENCE ENDING THE DUPLICATE DILLEMMA. when i say its ME i mean that "I" and i alone fixed this picture and made it look better than the original foto. so b4 u go spaming and chiming in on My skill as a photographer AND cosplayer, think b4 u speak or blog. Tell Your Frenz. And leave me alone, or else.

BTW did he just admit in this new profile that he was the same guy?

"What got you into cosplay?
Friends, anime, and manga, but mostly my anime club in Missoula, MT at Sentinel trying out new alias, am also known as Boba Fett."

Last edited by a moderator:
We all thinnk nothing of posting pics of ourselves and our costumes. It's part of the deal. We go to cons, have pics taken, and view them on line. Hell, there are pics of me on the D*con from the past few years.

You really think nothing of it, untill it shows up in an unexpected place or context. It's always a bit odd when you find your pics posted on someone elses site. You wonder what the interest is, why they are using your pictures. It's just a tad on the wierd side when someone would try to claim the pictures to be of them.

I know this sucks, and this guy is a moron for stealing pics and trying to claim them as his costume. As for his excuse... gimme a break. :p

I'm wondering if this guy is even as old as he says he is. I mean, honestly. :p Then again, maybe I overestimate the maturity of my generation.:facepalm

It's over guys. Just got a PM from Cosplay.Com Admin:

Hi,

Thanks for the report. Both accounts have been banned, as well as the IP associated with it. If any other images pop up under a similar situation please PM me and we'll look into it.

We rely on user reports for infringement on a photo-by-photo basis, but in cases where an entire account or accounts infringes it's usually easiest to send the evidence to me personally.
Forward Message

Scratch one up for us? I also have his myspace account, so if anyone wants it... or do you think we should recommend he come visit us so he can ACTUALLY build his Fett? lol

"Is there anything else you'd like to add?
I want to be every users best friend on this sight, and is why Im being so open and chatty."

yeah...he sure made a bunch of pals here

99centtaco...if he actually wrote that, then i'm going to laugh myself into a coma over here. if he thinks that dismisses any of our accusations, then he's wrong. i love how he's trying to get defensive and act insulted that we dare "spam" him. thank you for telling your "frenz." now i don't have to live in fear of his threat for the rest of my life.

thank god he's banned. good riddance.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back