The Saint-Boba progress thread

suspect86

Active Hunter
So I'm taking a short break from my full size Boba to work on something a little bit smaller. Last week I was at the Science of Star Wars exibit and I bought one of the 1/3 scaled helmets by master replicas. I wasn't really planning on doing anything with it until I came along this statue of an angel at the antique store. All of a sudden a light bulb went off in my head so I bought the statue out right!
I had to chop and grind parts of the head off to get the helmet on it but here's what it looks like so far.
I also plan on cutting the wreath out of the angel's hands and putting two 1/3 scaled ROTJ blasters in instead! I'm really excited about this! It's about the coolest Boba thing I've done since my pinup "Barbara Fett" tattoo. (y)

Now I think I'm gonna try to come up with a color scheme for the whole thing.
Any ideas?

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_02319999999999.JPG

I hope you made your peace with God because this kinda seems unholy lol.......

:lol:

Well, I dunno ... it is kind of creepy, but a little interesting nonetheless :)

What about the dress ? Otherwise, looin good. Uhm, in a creepy sort of way :lol:

:cheers

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Well, I dunno ... it is kind of creepy, but a little interesting nonetheless :)

What about the dress ? Otherwise, looin good. Uhm, in a creepy sort of way :lol:

FP

I've gotten talk from a few people about this piece being blasphemous and I gotta be honest, I don't quite see it. Sure, it's a sculpture of an angel but it's not like I'm defacing a crucifix or a sculpture of the Virgin Mary. This piece is meant to be art and not invoke hate or prejudice. It's sole purpose is to look cool. I'm not doing this to make a statement or cause any hurt feelings, so if your looking for some religious dynamic from the piece you're not going to find it.

Just hoping to clear up any misconceptions before they start.:)

Oh, and I'm leaving the dress but I will be sculpting some shoulder bells over it and some gauntlets, but I think that's about it. I'm trying to keep it very simple and elegant.

I've gotten talk from a few people about this piece being blasphemous and I gotta be honest, I don't quite see it. Sure, it's a sculpture of an angel but it's not like I'm defacing a crucifix or a sculpture of the Virgin Mary. This piece is meant to be art and not invoke hate or prejudice. It's sole purpose is to look cool. I'm not doing this to make a statement or cause any hurt feelings, so if your looking for some religious dynamic from the piece you're not going to find it.

Just hoping to clear up any misconceptions before they start.:)

Oh, and I'm leaving the dress but I will be sculpting some shoulder bells over it and some gauntlets, but I think that's about it. I'm trying to keep it very simple and elegant.
No bro I was'nt trying to start any kind of holy war, I was just kidding. I do like what you did and it reminds me of when I drew on my mothers angel when I was fourteen, she had some thing similar and I put the black tears on its face like from the movie the crow. She took the belt out on me and it just reminded me of that.

I found some sculpting clay and shaped the shoulder bells, gauntlets, and went over the bare feet to make it look like shoes.

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

Slightly off topic, but, aside from your avatar, do you have any pics of the "Barbara Fett" ink?

Now, on topic... SWEET!!! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Well, I don't think God would take any offense. It's just an angel. I really like it though! At first I couldn't see how you could make it work but after the armor additions I'm really excited! Keep updating! If not the Holy of Holies you have MY support!

I think it's kinda Boba the Arc Angel!!! God does have a sense of humor... the Platypus... George W. Bush etc...

Have fun...

Great idea.... :eek:
Weird but cool at the same time...

Anymore progress?

*woo-hoo 1,000th post!*

Hey bro, I hope you didn't misunderstand me either, the laughing face was actually me chuckling at whistle's comments :) Sometime it's hard to know what ppl are really meaning up here with just a few words and an emoticon :lol: I said it was a little creepy to me , but cool nonetheless (y)

Cool tat BTW !!

FP

I've censored this pic as we have many female Mando's in this community....:lol:

barbaradone-cencerd.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back