Full size AT-ST???

whistle8mp

Active Hunter
So I know this sounds a little crazy but I've been thinking about buildind a full scale at-st walker. I have a buddy who owns a junkyard so getting car parts and everything metal is no prob and my father is a carpenter as well as my best friend is a welder. The only trouble I will have is the info or maybe some specs of the one they used on rotj. If you guys and gals might have some helpfull info on this project It would be most appreciated.

Well for starters it is almost 29 feet tall..more to come:)

I would suggest buying the AMT model then measure it to scale using the 29 feet tall asa base line

Well for starters it is almost 29 feet tall..more to come:)

I would suggest buying the AMT model then measure it to scale using the 29 feet tall asa base line

Yeah I was figuring on doing it in two sections, the legs seperate and then the cab. Thanks alot for the help

You are also going to need lots of back ground on hydralics, air actuators, and mechanical gearing for starters. Very ambitious project-good luck

Next question... working or display? display is easy.. but working is a whole kettle of fish... if you do go for moving parts, stick with a static display, with only moveable blasters on the side and front, and the rotating cab gears... dont move the legs...

But good luck with that all hey :D

If you go with a working prop, it would be amazing for parades and stuff.
I wonder how a city police dept. would react to one of these things on the street walking to a parade staging area....

Keep us posted....an provide blueprints, if you can get it functional.

you've gotta talk to this guy mark.. he's in lunenburg? leominster? i always forget. he was the guy that thought it sounded like a GREAT idea when i suggested building jabba.

he's REALLY keen on building something like that!

I think that a functional model would present quite the engineering headache. Bipedal motion is complicated enough on its own, not to mention trying to fit a power supply, gyroscopes, and control systems inside the cab. Just my two cents.

you've gotta talk to this guy mark.. he's in lunenburg? leominster? i always forget. he was the guy that thought it sounded like a GREAT idea when i suggested building jabba.

he's REALLY keen on building something like that!

As soon as the snow breaks I'm going to get a start on it and I'm thinking its going to be at least a two year long project. As of hydraulics I don't know because just getting it to stand balanced is hard enough, hell it might have to be bolted down to whatever it stands on. I'll bug you when I need to about that guy in Leominster and any help would be awesome.

I think that a functional model would present quite the engineering headache. Bipedal motion is complicated enough on its own, not to mention trying to fit a power supply, gyroscopes, and control systems inside the cab. Just my two cents.

Yeah this is the first try so as of an actual moving operating at-st thats far away. I'm thinking of something two men can get in and it can be placed on a float or put in a parade for the legion. I plan on inculding movable blasters and such but movement in progress you know.

Ja, a moveable AT-ST would be awsome......But I think the world in genral is very far from that right now. :lol:

That would be so excellent!! I'll tell you though, if you somehow did get it to walk.....you'd have Uncle Sam knocking on your door for sure.

Josh

I'll tell you though, if you somehow did get it to walk.....you'd have Uncle Sam knocking on your door for sure.

Don't you remember the line form "Astronaut Farmer"?

"How do we know you aren't building a WMD?"
Because if I was...... you wouldn't haev found it."

:lol:

I htink I remamber a guy over on the Sovereign Protectors forum (501st Royal Guard detachement) that built a 1/2 scale model for his kid as a fort in the yard......... I think it was imbedded in concrete due to a balance problem.....

Either way you go, good luck.(y)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back