Attach the leg armor

Swedolorian

Active Hunter
Hi,

I'm having problems attaching the armor on the legs (below the knees).
Have anyone a good solution to get the armor to stay tight against the leg, and not just to the flightsuit?
I was thinking on putting velcro on to a pair if high socks so they will stuck to the flightsuit.... :lol:

I remember reading somewhere that the original costume had straps that went under the flightsuit and attached to the leg armor. It means making button holes in the flightsuit, but if they're behind the armor parts it won't matter.

Thx all for your help.

I found the old threat, that was great :)
Yes, I believe straps would be a good idea,But the orginal suit wasn't built for trooping, so I think I will use vecro as a buckup as JF76 says.

This might be the wrong place but your talking about Leg Armor so i was curious where you got your leg armor or if you made it? Thanks.

Katua Fett said:
This might be the wrong place but your talking about Leg Armor so i was curious where you got your leg armor or if you made it? Thanks.

I got mine from eBay together with the rest of the body armor. It's made of sintra. It was two years ago, and it was the first thing I bought on my suit.
I got it all for 60$ and I thought I could to the whole suit very cheap...
But now two years later I have spent over 1200$ :lol: :lol: :lol:
The armor wasn't that good, I hade to trim it a lot as it was too big...

Swedolorian said:
I got mine from eBay together with the rest of the body armor. It's made of sintra. It was two years ago, and it was the first thing I bought on my suit.
I got it all for 60$ and I thought I could to the whole suit very cheap...
But now two years later I have spent over 1200$ :lol: :lol: :lol:
The armor wasn't that good, I hade to trim it a lot as it was too big...

Man, that´s the same I did. A full sintra armor was the first thing i bought. I also thought the whole costume would be very cheap, but later come the gauntlets, jet pack, a good codpiece, pintures, sprays, belts, flak vest, dremel to cut pieces, broken visors..,, Yeh, i have spent around 1400 $

So from what I have read, I take it that the straps attach to the leg armor with snaps but then the straps goes through the jumpsuit and then around your actually leg (when i say actuall i mean skin or some sort of high sock) So im thinking of using some appoxy to put the snaps on the armor, any thoughts?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back