UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes

wizardofflight

Well-Known Hunter
UPDATED 6/25/08 Small Size Armor Added
Size from 5'-6" down to 3'-4"

Hello,

Well, I finally got around to converting my Boba Fett Armor CAD files into standard GIF images that will print out on standard 8 ½” X 11” paper they come in three basic sizes, but I have included scaling factors to cover folks from 5’3” to 6’. For those over 6’ I will be working on an extra large version in the near future. For the time being you can try print the Large Templates at scaling factors of over 100%, but you will have to print out the templates out on additional sheets

Each Zip file is over 3 MB each, and they each contain 22 files. The armor files consist of 20 8 ½” X 11” pages and 1 layout drawing, some of the armor pieces have to be printed on multiple sheets and then spliced together. I have included witness marks on these sheets to facilitate matching up the pieces. These files are full size and do not require the “Fit To Page” print option, simple print at 100%.

The 22st file is a printer test page that contains a 5” scale in both the horizontal and vertical, I’d recommend printing this page before attempting to print the templates to verify that your printer will not distort them. Just print it out and measure both scales they should equal 5” each, if not then check your printer options

My bandwidth is limited and with the size of these files it won’t take long to exceed it, please be patient they will be online for some time

See the Jango section for downloadable Jango armor templates.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know

Alan
wizardofflight@comcast.net

Attachments

• Boba Fett Armor S 5-6.pdf
    683.4 KB · Views: 26,117
  • Boba Fett 5-4.pdf
    478.7 KB · Views: 10,338
  • Boba Fett 5-3.pdf
    653.9 KB · Views: 7,259
  • Boba Fett Armor 5-1.pdf
    422.8 KB · Views: 7,732
  • Boba Fett Armor XXS 5.pdf
    420 KB · Views: 6,537
  • BF XS 5-5.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 6,373
  • Boba Fett Armor 4-9.pdf
    360.7 KB · Views: 6,629
  • BF Armor 4-6.pdf
    128.2 KB · Views: 6,129
  • Boba Fett 4-1.pdf
    292.2 KB · Views: 6,190
  • Boba Fett Child Armor 3-4.pdf
    260.1 KB · Views: 9,397
  • Boba Fett 6-6 XXXL.pdf
    853.5 KB · Views: 18,529
  • Boba Fett Armor 3-6.pdf
    116.9 KB · Views: 5,461
  • Boba Fett Armor 5-9.pdf
    786.5 KB · Views: 9,328
  • Boba Fett Armor 6.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 6,876
  • Boba Fett Armor 6-3.pdf
    746.6 KB · Views: 4,693
  • Boba Fett A4 Large.pdf
    208.6 KB · Views: 6,537
  • Boba Fett Cod 3D A4.pdf
    92.3 KB · Views: 4,075
  • Boba Fett Cod 3D.pdf
    111.3 KB · Views: 4,551
Last edited by a moderator:
R_boba_fett said:
:D well that looks awesome, but uhw.... damn... I'm 1 m 87 cm.... wich one do I need?

If you are 1,87 then the Large printed at 100% would suit you fine.. i don't think than an inch or so back and forth doesn't make that whole lot of a difference.. it's the entire image that people look at.. not the details..

(unless they are one of those really picky people... the kind that looks down on the FX Stormtrooper helmet and think it looks like crap just because its 10% to big... <sigh> )

Hello,

The large templates should do fine.

I should point out that the sizes listed above are merely just guidelines since everyone is different, there is no such thing as a standard size human, some have long legs other may have a long waist. You may have to try various sizes before you find the one that best suits your body proportions. Unfortunately there are no black and white answers. Jango is even harder to fit, the size that works for the upper body in all likelihood will not work for the legs.

Alan

BobaFettSlave_1 said:
whenever i try to open up the pics i just get a BIG RED X

I have checked the online files and they appear to working, but you are not the only one having difficulty. The files are quite large 4000 X 5000 pixels so that may be giving you software some problems. What program are you using?

Is anyone else having difficult viewing the templates? I can try to creating a lower resolution version if that is the problem.

Thanks guys, hopefully everyone finds them useful.

Alan

Sorry to vent my frustration. You did a great job. I am just VERY pissed that I spent the last WEEK doing the exact same thing... I should upload mine up here too. Nice job man.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I have created a set of low res templates of the large size for those having trouble with the full size version above, these are about ½ the size. The trick with these is that when you print them you WILL have to use the “Fit to Page” printer option. Also these templates assume a ¼” boarder, so if your printer does boarderless printing you will need set the printer’s boarder option to .25”.

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofflight/Boba_Fett_Armor_LG_low_res.zip

Please let me know if these work and I will put together a set for the small and medium sizes as well.

Alan

darkskywalker: These have been in the works for a while just finally got around to breaking them down into a printable version. Too many other projects.

BobaFettSlave_1: Excellent, glad to here they are working.

Jades Dark Heart:
The files are 8” X 10.5” at 200 DPI so they are huge, but they should print out on a standard sheet of paper. If not let me know what your system is doing and I try to make some adjustments.

Alan

When I look at the image properties this is what I see

JDH

imagesizeissue.jpg

Jades Dark Heart: Change the resolution from 72 pixels/inch to 200 and that will reduce the templates down to 8" X 10.5".

Rimshot:
WOW! No not me, I have been doing that for the folks here for FREE.

Alan

Its a shame people will try to make a buck off the awesome and extremely generous work of a member here. We should let them know how we feel.

That was fast. It would make sense that the person selling that is a member here then, right?

OHHH wow! THey just changed the image in the auction! They must be watching this thread....

Jango_Fett_Jr said:
That was fast. It would make sense that the person selling that is a member here then, right?

OHHH wow! THey just changed the image in the auction! They must be watching this thread....

Edit: Read below.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back