General Fett Back Armour? Which is right?

Alot of these patterns are great for eye-balling armor for size, but since some of the pieces are semi-spherically curved, it's hard to get a paper pattern to conform to curved plastic (for instance, try laying a piece of paper flat on a basketball).

Some people on the board have had great results with Sintra plastic, heating and curving the plastic to the desired shape. When I tried it, I didn't have such luck. Some have even perfected pulling the heated plastic down over molds, thereby getting the slight spherical curve.

The original armor pieces were vacuformed plastic, so that's what I use.

The back armor is probably the worst offender of the curved pieces, as it curved around the back, as well as over the shoulders. Personally, I think it's impossible to get the correct curvature without going the vacuforming route (although some have come very close!).

The best picture I can think of for Boba's back armor is from the black-and-white picture in the Star Wars Chronicles, where all the armor is laid out. I don't have the link handy, but you see the bottom opening for the jet pack attachment.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back