Scatch-Made Helmet Liner

RichardJones

Active Hunter
Hello all!
So like many of you, I have searched for hours and hours looking for the 6 point suspension liner used in Boba's helmet. I have found liners that are close, but have never been satisfied with the missing details. So after studying the reference photos I came up with a prototype made out of cardstock paper....( seen here from my ROTJ fett thread)
Soo while I wait until a liner is found, I made a mock up out of cardstock paper and foam. I think I might be able to make this thing 100% I just have to figure out what material to use for the plastic liner part,. My mock-up turned out okay i think though....
View attachment 78526View attachment 78527View attachment 78528

So next I made a second prototype.
I made a template and made the white liner part out of a 2mm plastic sheet.
I found the same style of webbing in store at Joann fabrics, it has the same "V" tread texture that the original liner has.
I am waiting on some High density foam to arrive, but in the meantime i am using my prototype low-density foam strip.
I still have to sew the webbing, which are being held together temporarily with pins.
For the "snap-back" closure area of the liner, i had four "two-post prong" things printed out through Shapeways.

Anyway, enough talking, here is where i am at so far, feedback is welcome and encouraged! thanks all!
20150507_150349.jpg20150507_150422.jpg

20150501_230727.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back