What are the tools in the pockets?

The Woodchuck

New Hunter
Woodchuck here. Can someone tell me what the tools are supposed to be in the pockets of Boba Fett's costume?
I am pretty sure one is a knife, but what are the other three tools? Also does the one that looks like pliers have moveable jaws?

What is the one that looks like cigarettes taped together? How about the long metal tube?

Anyone have any color photos I could use? I have had a request to build some of these, and would like to know what they are supposed to be.

"Shin Tools" is the general name for those.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/fettwerks-boba-fett-shin-tools-50262

1. Sonic Beam Weapon
2. Anti-Security Blade
3. Survival Knife
4. Jet Pack Adjustment Tool

shintools.png
shintools2.png

Blueprint from the ever-loving Alan Sinclair: Shin Tool Templates.pdf
Located near the end of this Empire Strikes Back Costume Reference Library: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:BH_Boba_Fett-ESB

Last edited by a moderator:
If your Build is ROTJ only the Sonic Beam Weapon & the Anti-security blade are a requirement.But u certainly can do all 4 if u like(y)

2 of the Tools are actual Paterson camera accessories:
Sonic Beam Weapon-Print Squeegee Part#PTP255
Survival knife- Chemical Mixer Part#PTP#245

*When u cut down the Squeegee one of the parts left from the handle is part of the Anti-security blade.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Woodchuck! Some wood ones would surely be cool. The original parts are a patterson print squeegee and stirrer like Starchild99 pictured above. The "cigarettes" are actually stylus brushes from an old turntable. They have knurling on the ends and 3 holes drilled through them. that same tool is made from part of the squeege that was removed to make the " sonic beam" tool, and just a flat piece of...something lol.

For those that dont know, Woodchuck makes awesome blasters and other neat stuff from wood. He is phenominal with woodworking!

Glad to find this post it answered a lot of my questions, just wondering what you guys would suggest for the Jetpack alignment tool?

It's not my Guess it's what everyone here decided it could be.im not taking credit for anything here.i was just trying to help.oh well guess I won't give my imput no more.

It's not my Guess it's what everyone here decided it could be.im not taking credit for anything here.i was just trying to help.oh well guess I won't give my imput no more.

I'm thinking you misunderstood his statement, or at least the tone of it. He was merely stating that what you showed is the community's best guess for what the part is since the actual part has never been confirmed. Definitely continue giving your input and helping other members when you can.

I'm thinking you misunderstood his statement, or at least the tone of it. He was merely stating that what you showed is the community's best guess for what the part is since the actual part has never been confirmed. Definitely continue giving your input and helping other members when you can.

indeed....that is Don Posts best guess the pic you posted...the "community" really has no idea. It could be a microphone but we dont even know if that is right...its very elusive

I never knew found parts were part of the shin tools either, this is awesome! Not surprised about the Michell turn table parts - Greedo's blaster, a lightsaber and Chewbacca's bowcaster among other props also source their greeblies from the same turntables

yep all of the tools are found parts modified. there is that elusive jetpack tool though...we all guess its something found, but it could be a darn tube for all we know lol.

attachmentjsessionidabcumMCB1UPKnbW4WUJUu_zps3of8oc93.jpegWoodChuck here. Thanks again for all the help with these shin tools. Here is what I came up with, using the references you all suggested. I used an LED flashlight for the 4th tool. My friend says it will never leave the shin pocket, so he is OK with the dowel extension.

i kinda like that flashlight idea. Would make the tool actually functional although it technically wouldnnt be a "jetpack adjustment tool" anymore....i still like it though :) the tools look great Woodchuck!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back