History of Helmt's Battle Damage?

AresSakamoto

New Hunter
Hello everyone!
Long time lurker, first time Poster : )
Ive been scouring everything here and on the Net looking for any information on the history of Bobba Fett's damage on his helmet (and armor). The iconic dent of course (Ive read multiple explanations on this.. is there a greed to version?). Scratches in the Helmet? Body armour damage?
Is there some location that I can visit that has his Battle Damage history?

Thanks so much!

Ares

Didn't Jango get gored in the arena fight where he perished? I think Boba took his helmet for his own, so maybe that is the origin of that dent. I am guessing the rest of the damage explanations would be non-cannon? I like to think the mystery of his persona would be diminished somewhat if his dents and scratches were all explained.

There seems to be a lot on the Dent (see below). In most sources I can find the Dent is attributed to Jengo Fett, through multiple different speculations, and that Bobba doesnt fix it to Honor his father.

Was wondering about all the other damage. Anyone know of any sources that speculate or confirm other damage?

Thanks! - Ares

http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/fettpedia/Helmet

"Jedi-Bird sends in the following: Just noticed something interesting in AOTC. Jango Fett's Mandalorian helmet is in pristine condition until fighting with Obi-Wan on Kamino. After the scuffle Jango Fett's helmet has a dent on the left side (from Obi-Wan's kick or maybe the headbutt from Jango?).
This dent can be clearly seen while Jango Fett is holding the helmet behind Count Dooku on Geonosis. Even after Boba repaints his father's helmet green, the dent remains (as seen in ROTJ). This is also reflected in the new action figures. No dent in the Jango Fett- Kamino Escape but dent present in Jango Fett- Final Duel.

Update: Some speculation on the origins of the dent. The first from Joe: Plenty of people have probably already realized this, but here goes: One of the news things up right now mentions the dent in Jango's helmet which appears only after Kamino. Well, I assume it happens when he hits his head as he goes up Slave I's ramp in homage to the accidental stormtrooper head-bump in A New Hope (something I noticed at the theater and confirmed by a recent homing beacon from starwars.com). May the Force be with you!

Quest adds the following: Jango gets the dent while boarding Slave 1- the ship's door closes and bumps him on the head (you can hear the "clank!" noise it makes when it hits him), and while some debate that he actually hit his head (despite the obvious sound effect evidence), his helmet does not have the dent when he is climbing back up the edge of the landing pad, and yet it is there on Geonosis, so that has to be why the dent is there.

From Zartan Fett: The dent in the Kamino battle with Obi-Wan is actually on the top right hand side in the middle, not towards the front like Boba's. The dent occurs when Jango lands on his head over the edge right before he pulls Obi-Wan down with him. The dent which we are supposed to be believe is the same dent as Boba's is the one Jango sustains on Geonosis after being hit and run over by the Reek. This dent is in about the right spot as Boba's on the left towards the front and we can only believe that Boba keeps the dent to honor his father Jango who fell to Mace Windu. It should also explain the Padawan Braids that Boba carries in the later episodes. (correction: the braids Boba Fett collects are wookiee scalps) "

Don't think there's truly a link between the dent in the two helmets other than a nod to the head for similarity.
As for the armor it's just kinda "rode hard and laid out wet"so to speak. Think you're gonna just have to use your imagination on all of that.
And it's Boba, not Bobba, just for clarification:)

:: sheepishly :: My mistake entirely :facepalm
That's fantastic to hear actually. I just purchased my first bucket: A white prototype with random damage applied to it. Now, I have the bug, having a a new bucket and body armor coming for me to play with. But, was fun to look at all the damage and wonder what stories might be behind each scratch, scar and dent. Guess it's up to me to go make some stories then!

Thanks for the info! Ares the Addicted

Jango's helmet was blown up in Boba's attempt to kill Mace Windu in the Clone Wars if I remember correctly.

Boba's markings are never explained in canon. The designs were painted and influenced by Sandy (her last name escapes me) and Joe Johnson.

Any more explanation isn't really needed for Fett. I hope it's never explained in canon, Fett is supposed to mysterious.

It should be better that way. Some things are better left up to the imagination. Be very careful though as this hobby is extremely addictive!!!lol.

rnbuda - I completely agree: If one must choose between Truth and Legend.. go with Legend every time syllander - No joke. Ive gone from an on-a-whim Ebay purchase before Christmas to four figures already invested, with the intent to also create my own personal Mano for myself.

When does it end? Oh wait, Im prolly asking the wrong people : )

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back