The worst thing that could ever happen has happened...

Nate

Jr Hunter
Okay, maybe not the WORST thing, but it's pretty bad... The other day I was going about my morning routine as usual, when I heard a large ruckus. When I inspected the ruckus, I discovered that my mannequin, blessed with the opportunity of wearing such an awesome costume, decided he was tired of standing. Thankfully, most of my costume survived the fall, but my helmet did not... There are 3 areas where the resin (I think) chipped off of the gel coat. One right under the dent, through the kill stripes, and into the brow, one smallish one on the edge of the mandible closest to the RF ear, and one huge piece of the left back panel. Also, the rangefinder ear broke and the stalk snapped right before the round pivoty thingy. Besides that, there are a couple of cracks here and there, as well as a small mark on the paint where it slid on the floor. I took some pictures, but my photography is lacking and it's an iPad camera.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So, the moral of the story is: be nicer to your mannequins. You never know when they are gonna get tired of holding your stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nate, that really sucks! What helmet is that? i can fix and repaint if you want, PM me if interested....i'll give ya a fair price...i'll call it, "tragedy pricing" :) ....I do have 4 ESB's in queue though so it may take a while, but im willing to do it.

Been there, and just a week before my first con as Fett. Although, I only had to deal with minor chipping of the gel coat on my old Asok GMH, and I was the painter of said helmet. :cry

No no advice to give you, unfortunately. That really sucks!

Nate, that really sucks! What helmet is that? i can fix and repaint if you want, PM me if interested....i'll give ya a fair price...i'll call it, "tragedy pricing" :) ....I do have 4 ESB's in queue though so it may take a while, but im willing to do it.

thanks man, but I think I'm gonna invest in an entirely new helmet.

Man that blows...sorry to hear that.
It us however totally repairable. Might not be a terrible idea to get it fixed and still look at a new one? If you sell it as is you're gonna basically give it away. Just my two cents....

Way to make a grown man cry, been in your position.
But it's easily fixed... With a lotta money & time (unfortunately)
good luck mate

Man that blows...sorry to hear that.
It us however totally repairable. Might not be a terrible idea to get it fixed and still look at a new one? If you sell it as is you're gonna basically give it away. Just my two cents....

Yeah, I think I'll hold on to it in case I want to get it fixed in the future. For now, though, I'm just gonna buy a new one.

Yikes. . .
When I read your thread title, the first thing I thought was, "I'll bet he dropped his helmet."
I see I wasn't that far off, unfortunately.
Man, those pics make my stomach hurt. :(

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back