Official: Greeblie Thread

Spidey2222

Active Hunter
Hey, Thanks to help from lonepigeon's awesome webpage The Parts of Star Wars, I was able to find a greeble for the ESB Rifle.

I picked up the Revell Visable V8 Kit on ebay for $9.99 :D
That was a great deal considering I see them go from $45 to $65. Here is a pic

greeble5.jpg

It also has a ROTJ stock plate among a ton of other Star Wars items, http://www.partsofsw.com/v8parts.htm

Here is a pic of it:
greeble4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can barely make it out here in this pic. I can't find any better pics right now so if anyone has any clearer pics, please post.

esbgun1.jpg

ohhhhhh......i see it now.you guys are good.i never even noticed that before.i need to turn the brighness up on my computer...LOL.

Heh heh. Got the ESB rear chamber detail pieces as well as 4 of the 6 ESB stock plates and hopefullt have 1 of the small RotJ plates on the way. If anyone has one of the small RotJ stock plates listed above, please let me know! I need it!

BTW, not to try to steal this thread, but is there any interest in cast copies of the 4 ESB stock plates? They are the same pieces that are found on the neck of the Vader reveal. If there is deman and I can find a reliable source to cast them, I will be glad to make these available.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not even close to being ready to do an ESB Blaster, but, as someone said to me the other day (and I paraphrase): You can't wait until you're ready to get the best parts, you have to get them when they're available. :D

Put me down BB! :)

Jer

I don't need any of those ESB stock plates, but I'd like to have some of those connecting rods from the Revell kit that Spidey found.

Any chance those could be cast and offered?

Braks I thought there were only 4 of the split plugs on the stock?? Two on each side,and a mystery plate in the middle of the split plug connectors.Help :(

Steve

Hammerhead wrote:I don't need any of those ESB stock plates, but I'd like to have some of those connecting rods from the Revell kit that Spidey found.

Any chance those could be cast and offered?

I have a mold of the connecting rods so I can make castings available to anyone who wants them. It's just a single sided mold so the back side would be flat. If anyone wants some resin copies just PM me.

Does anyone know what these are? I cant seem to find a good pic showing this detail.
If anybody would know or can show a close-up pic - I'll surely appreciate it!

Thanks!

Mardon

Hey Mlcallanta,

Are you talking about these:

StockPlates.jpg

Hope this helps...

Stay safe.

Tim.

They are electrical cord plugs from the UK. I'm trying to find the pic that shows them on the Vader reveal neck (they were used there too). Maybe someone else will chime in with a pic/more info.

What the...???
Now where could I get those? UK?

How about the middle (square) stock plate? From what contraption did they get this piece now? :confused

Mardon

MaxPlague wrote:

They are electrical cord plugs from the UK. I'm trying to find the pic that shows them on the Vader reveal neck (they were used there too). Maybe someone else will chime in with a pic/more info.

I'm from the UK originally, and I've never seen any electrical plugs like that there before.

I was born in the early 70's and right from a little boy I went to work with my father who was an electrician. As long back as I can remember, they've been the 3 rectangular pin type plugs, which don't look anything like the ones pictured.

Either they're a really old type (ie: probably outdated in the 50's) or they're a European plug.

Steve

Ooops, might not be UK specific plugs, but I do recall them being European...sorry for the confusion. They are opened in half and laid flat on the stock. They are quite old and were once found at a TV or radio repair shop if memory serves. I might be able to get a pic of one and post it later this evening.

The middle piece remains a mystery and has been rumored as possibly an old math co-processor or perhaps part of a model ship deck.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back