Jetpack

MandalorianMike

New Hunter
Hey everyone, I am new to this community and I have little to no experience with making my own props. Lately I realized how much I need a ROTJ jetpack to hang around my place or to occasionally wear. I need all the help I get so if anyone has any preferred kits for beginners and certain paints to use that would be fantastic!

PM Fett Seven or go to NME Props website for a nice, low-cost, low-weight jetpack kit. They are fiberglass with resin parts.

Look up Man Of War Studios on ebay for a resin jetpack kit option.

BobaMaker is in Europe, and he makes a nice jetpack.

Finally, you can find FettPride here via PM or on FaceBook.

I'm an ESB guy, so someone else will have to chime in about the jetpack color scheme. It's really involved. I suggest you use the search tool to see some other members' work-in-progress threads.

Look for wizardofflight jet pack templates. It's not a pepakura file, but it should help out.

If you're put off by the cost, you should take a good look at the stickie'd thread in the Sarlacc Pit about how much a decent boba costume could cost.

Here is a good pepakura file which is in post #35 of this thread.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/f...epakura-26882/

It is the one the one that I used to make my pack. I used it to get the base & did a lot of extras to it to make mine look accurate. Here is my WIP for my jetpack.

The paint process for the ROTJ jetpack is time consuming cause of all the many colors. Lots of time masking. You will have to research photos in the "Gallery".

There are a couple of good threads on jetpacks of recent that you can look at to see how others have done things.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back