ROTJ Paint Colours?

MajorTom

Jr Hunter
so i just ordered some MOW gauntlets from ROTJ so now this is my starting point for the suit
my question is
acrylic or enamel
and what colours do i use for the whole suit? are there any specific types that are screen accurate?

Most use enamel I believe. Should be several paint threads in the armor section, but you may have to dig. Stormtrooper guy has a great one for rattlecan paint up, If you haven't checked his out, make sure you do. His paint up looks really pro.
As far as the gaunts, I'd use cabernet red, which is in his tutorial and also a spray can, but ya gotta get the black primer missing to have the color come out right. Don't want them too red.
Several good ROTJ paint ups. Some with air brush colors, some with spray, some with both. AFFO$ has a great one and it's stickied.

Check out Necronaut's ESB build tutorial for the gauntlet shells build up. Will give you a very good idea of some preferred method on these.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Wisconsin Central Maroon for my ROTJ gautlets. This worked very well. For my armor I used humbrol acrylic colours. I will post a new thread soon, when I am finished.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back