Flight Suit Supertrooper Flight Suit Color?

Overlander

New Hunter
Hi all,

I am very interested in beginning a build of the initial prototype Boba Fett/supertrooper, but I can't seem to find reference to the actually color of the flight suit / vest / large side pouches / spats. In the video with Ben Burtt describing the prototype suit, he says, "he looks totally white." However, looking over the video, as well as every still image available, it appears to me that these soft parts are a very-light grey, and all of the hard parts (plus boots and leather belt/pouches) are white. I could chalk it up to lighting, but the towel that is temporarily used for the cape appears white. Again, it could be a difference in the fabric combined with the lighting, but the flight suit really does look slightly grey, not white. I know the 3 3/4" figure has these parts as a medium grey, which I agree is too dark, but it does lend a little support to the argument that the flight suit was a shade of grey, not white.

Since there is no CRL yet completed for the supertrooper, I am looking to the wisdom of those out there who have already completed this costume.

Thanks for your insight,
Mark

Hi all,

I am very interested in beginning a build of the initial prototype Boba Fett/supertrooper, but I can't seem to find reference to the actually color of the flight suit / vest / large side pouches / spats. In the video with Ben Burtt describing the prototype suit, he says, "he looks totally white." However, looking over the video, as well as every still image available, it appears to me that these soft parts are a very-light grey, and all of the hard parts (plus boots and leather belt/pouches) are white. I could chalk it up to lighting, but the towel that is temporarily used for the cape appears white. Again, it could be a difference in the fabric combined with the lighting, but the flight suit really does look slightly grey, not white. I know the 3 3/4" figure has these parts as a medium grey, which I agree is too dark, but it does lend a little support to the argument that the flight suit was a shade of grey, not white.

Since there is no CRL yet completed for the supertrooper, I am looking to the wisdom of those out there who have already completed this costume.

Thanks for your insight,
Mark

You have some valid points here! The Supertrooper suit had different shades of white (the Vader suit had/has black shades for the same reason) to help highlight the helmet, the armor and the jetpack, but close enough (in shades) to not contrast the whole appearance. I would say that the soft parts had a very slight blue-gray dye, some kind of dirty(er) white. Also all the hard part were painted in a shiny white, and this helps also in the slight contrast between the hard and soft parts.

Can't wait to see your build thread!

Thanks for your reply, RafalFett!

I would love to make contact with those few members who have attempted this costume, not only for some advice, but also some images of your builds.

Thanks,
Mark

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back