Other Bounty Hunter Animal attack scarring

CT3164

New Hunter
Im trying to make animal scars on my bucket like a claw slash across the face of my bucket. anyone have any ideas? i want it too look realistic so i dont want to paint it on. Should i just slash it with a knife?

Some people use blades to score it while I have seen some people use a dremel. That's what they did for a lot of the damage on the Spartan's armor and helmets in 300.

Try to visualize the paw, how big it is and how many digits/claws. Then visualize the paw and claws ripping across the helmet and how spread apart the claws are. The markings should be parallel and if it's from a single strike only one marking per claw. They probably will be spaced evenly apart also. They would probably be deeper and heavier where the claw has caught on raised edges for example.

As the path of the strike usually forms an arc that's opposite from the form of the helmet it probably won't make a mark across the whole front if it came from the side. Use your outstretched hand and see where your fingers trace across the helmet and where they lose contact. Beginning and end will also be shallower than the middle part.

Use your imagination but make it logical and believable, otherwise it will probably just look like random scratches.

/Kalle

Last edited by a moderator:
Something else to consider is if you're being hit in the head by something heavy its going to cause your head to turn. Especially if whatever is hitting you has claws and they catch on a ridge on your helmet. These kinds of things can cause the gash or scaring to be shorter due to natural reaction of turning the head and trying to avoid getting hit, along with the blow turning the head away from the claws.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back