New member. First helmet!

evargas3

New Hunter
Hey everyone!

I am a brand new member to TDH and have been reading through a lot of the forum over the last few days trying to decide how I want to start here, and the logical first step was getting a helmet before moving on to a full build (also noted how I thought I was a big SW and Fett fan, but nothing compared to everyone on here!). Among the decisions I haven't made yet is which helmet I even want (ESB vs ROTJ vs SE), but I'm leaning ESB there. As far as who I should go to to get the helmet, what are the differences between the helmets that ASOK, anime, and fettpride have? Also, how different are resin vs. fiberglass helmets?

Any advice is more than welcome! thanks everyone!

First off resin is much heavier than fiberglass and has the capability to warp in extreme heat. For durability it's probably safe to say that they are close.
Fettpride's new fph2 is a new sculpt of the helmet. The ones that Asok and animefan sell are the budget and premium helmets that fettpride used to sell. Chris sold the molds to them and now they make those helmets.
Size wise the GMH that Asok sells is smaller than the other helmets. The helmets themselves are all pretty close detail wise, except for the fph2, which has ESB specific details it all of the helmets can be painted in the ESB scheme if that is what your looking for.

And what is the best course of action for this? Should I post again in the Cargo Hold for what I'm looking for or just go straight to a DM to either Asok, animefan, or fettpride?

Also, how does it work to have it commissioned to be painted (I have less than zero artistic skills to work on this myself)? Do I get the helmet and then send it out again to another person that agreed to do it?

Thanks again!

Yes pm them or email. Or post in the cargo hold on their sales thread . If you can line up a painter the helmet maker can ship to them and then to you. Of course you'll be paying for shipping and such. Good luck hope that helps.

As a new member myself I've been dealing with the same questions as you. There are some really nice helmets out there, it just all depends on what you want and your budget and the same goes for the painters. I've learned that some of the painters can be a little hard to get in touch with. I've PM'd four different painters concerning a paint commission and have only heard back from two. I suspect they are busy with Dragoncon being this weekend so I hope to hear from them soon. Once I have made a decision on a painter I can order my helmet and have the helmet sent directly to the painter.
Do plenty of research on this forum on helmets and painters. Everyone here has been great and offered sound advice.

i'm pretty sure i've lined up the helmet i want and PM'd a few people that i could buy a helmet from, but painters are proving to be a little more difficult, especially since i'm restricted from posting in the cargo hold yet. who are the painters that i could commission for an ESB lid?

Check out Fett4real, dynamic1, and deadland. There are a few more here in the states, but I can't remember them all.

I think a lot of people have been at Dragon Con this past weekend too, so that means that you may see a little bit more of a wait time with getting messages back.

I've sent you a pm with info on the different helmets. Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

I think a lot of people have been at Dragon Con this past weekend too, so that means that you may see a little bit more of a wait time with getting messages back.

You're probably right as I was at DragonCon myself yesterday. Actually Fett4real and Deadland are two painters I've been waiting to hear from concerning a commission. I'll give them a few days and try again.

I was at DragonCon also and had hoped to see some of the great Fetts, but didn't really see any! Hopefully they'll get caught up on the forum soon.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back