Boushh Boushh in the works

Katsohjn

New Hunter
Greetings everyone!

Im very new to the boards but not new to the 501st! :love

I am looking to put together a Boushh costume for my wife who expressed interest in trooping along with me. (We ran across a Boushh at Celebration Europe II!). So far Im in the research phase and have been told by several sources that this is the best place to start!

So far I have purchased a nice Boushh bucket from Todd which I am very much looking forward to building when it finally arrives!

I look forward to posting my progress for this build and hope you all dont mind the newbish questions as this will be my first armor build alone...I had lots of help with my TB armor.

I do hope to keep the questions that I can research on my own to a minimum.

The post office needs to hurry up and deliver my wife's Boushh helm! :love

Its here!!

Cant wait to get this started!
DSC01952.JPG
DSC01953.JPG
DSC01954.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a good start, I am curious to see how you go about your build. Todd makes an awesome kit from what I have seen. My wife & I just completed her Boushh costume. Which was a ground up build scratch build. Good luck can't wait to see more progress.

Got some updated pics of the bucket. :D

Cut out the visor and upper display area and filled in some of the mold-lines. I also tried to replicate the battle damage seen on the actual prop, its not the best but I think I gave it a decent try.

Let me know what you think and any tips would be welcomed!

DSC01973.JPG
DSC01971.JPG
DSC01970.JPG

So Im not even sure where to start with this question so I hope that those of you that are good at hunting down bits can help me.

I am hoping that someone knows what these two greeblies are on the (right?) side ear, the side under the stalk/rangefinder

Right Greeblie Part B.jpgRight Greeblie Part U.jpg

Im just wanting to put together as close to cannon as I can muster :D

So Im not even sure where to start with this question so I hope that those of you that are good at hunting down bits can help me.

I am hoping that someone knows what these two greeblies are on the (right?) side ear, the side under the stalk/rangefinder

View attachment 71288View attachment 71289

Im just wanting to put together as close to cannon as I can muster :D

I know that the larger piece is a model piece from the Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 321T4 model kit. The little tube piece is also from the same model kit. I am surprised that these pieces didn't come with your helmet kit. I made mine from scratch using reference photos.

Here are some photos with the model references for a few of the pieces.

DSCF1869-1.JPG

DSCF3389-1.JPG

modelkit088kf.jpg

modelkit051bc.jpg

modelkit062yc.jpg

modelkit073ze.jpg

I have all those above pieces you showed.

What I am talking about appears to be only below the right ear greeblie. The left one seems to sit more flush with the helmet but the right one, the Harrier and Ferrari engine part, appears to sit ontop of something with two protrusions and a beveled edge. The rear piece looks like some sort of engine cover, maybe from the same Ferrari kit but Im not sure because I cant find any images of the plastic tree's.

The unknown bottom greeblie
Right Greeblie Part U.jpg

Different angle with the rear unknown greeblie
Right Greeblie Part B.jpg

Ok so I looked through images I found for the Ferrari kit, the Airfix Harrier and the Churchill croc tank and I could not identify the mystery parts. Maybe they came from a different kit, not even sure where to begin looking.

Sorry about that missed on where your arrows were going. In all of my research I wasn't able to find where those parts had been identified. At one point I stumble onto a website that had pictures of the model kit trees, but I don't remember what site I found those on. I will have to dig through my bookmarks to see if I had save them & I will let you know.

So! With some luck I found one of the pieces. Took me a while to find it! :D

Im sure most of you recognize the Tamiya Yamaha Midnight Special kit which is used in a lot of SW props.

MS Part tree C.jpg

Right Greeblie Part B.jpg

Still have no clue where that bottom piece is from.....geh this is aggravating!

Good find, bet your eyes got crossed looking through all those model kits. I spent a long time doing that myself but realized I wasn't getting anything done.

Yea its tough, I started going through all the known kits that were bashed for other costumes, figured they would use the same kits over and over. Though that bottom piece still eludes me. It looks like maybe a bottom to some wheeled or tracked vehicle due to the two round protrusions.....hard to say, it may be something that has to be fabricated by hand vs finding a kit piece that was used for it.

Great job in finding that one. I have plans to make a new helmet for my wife in the future & plan on picking up the model kits to use the correct pieces. Even when the costume is done it is never done.

So, sorta found more but it seems that the last piece was pieced together. Didnt find the angled box everything is sitting on but the two disc looking objects I found.

1/35 Tamiya Flakpanzer Gepard
boushh-works-flakpanzer-part2-jpg-71795d1380441806

boushh-works-right-greeblie-part-2-jpg-71796d1380441807

I hope this helps.....now gotta find someone with this part :facepalm

Flakpanzer part2.jpg

Right Greeblie Part 2.jpg

Wow that is a great find. Your eyes must be getting crossed looking at model kit trees.

So I think I found the last part but hoping someone here might have the kit and can tell me its dimensions or take more shots of the piece.

From the Tamiya 1/35 Churchill Crocodile
boushh-works-box-greeblie-jpg-71896d1380730116

The raised edge would be hidden(facing up). It looks pretty close but its hard to tell with just this picture.

What do you all think?
boushh-works-poss-left-greeblie-box-jpg-71897d1380730122

On a side note, does anyone have any idea why these images arent showing? My previous posts posted pictures just fine but lately, no matter what I do, they arent posting correctly. Am I on probation or am I doing something wrong when posting images from my computer?

Box Greeblie.jpg

Poss Left Greeblie Box.jpg

Hey all,

Wow, its been a while. Wish I could say Ive gotten a lot done, sadly with the winter progress has been slow for me. However, I have been busy designing and acquiring greeblies for the bucket. Getting close to painting!!

Only running into a bit of snag and Im hoping to find some answers here. Before I start painting I know I want to make a template for the leather pieces that cover the snout. Im having a hard time finding a good way of making a template, the top part I was successful, the bottom half....Im running into snags. Ive been trying to use painters tape (since it wont leave residue) and laying it down to cover the bottom half and trimming off the excess. However, when I try to pull it off it all falls apart no matter how I try to crisscross the tape. I was hoping to get some ideas on how to make a good template for the leather so when it comes time to gluing it to the bucket, it goes as smoothly as possible. So Im hoping to measure twice, cut once.....but getting there is proving problematic for me.

Any suggestions?

Go to a hobby store & pick up some craft felt. I made up paper templates to get things roughed in then cut pieces out of felt & slowly began fitting till I got what I wanted. It is a painstaking process. Using the felt it had enough flex which allowed to go over the contours & was close to the thickness of the leather. When I got the felt pieces how I wanted I put them on the leather & traced around them & carefully cut the leather with scissors. Didn't have to do any extra cutting with the leather. Here are a couple of photos of the lower portion in felt just taped to the helmet. The back & nose piece were completed. I used a deer skin which was easy to work with.

Hope this helps.

DSCF3461-1.JPG

DSCF3462-1.JPG

DSCF3463-1.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back