BM Knee armour attaching Mojo-Fett darts

norgs79

Active Hunter
Hey,

I'm in the middle of my ROTJ Fett build and it's time to start working on the knees!
I got these from Bobamaker primed and ready to paint. I originally bought my knee darts from fenix props and they were extremely inaccurate. It taught me a lesson in researching before you buy!!
So I bought an aluminium set off Mojo-fett and they are great.

THE PROBLEM.

As you can see from the pics, it is going to be a VERY tight fit, drilling and fitting the knee darts correctly and accurately.

I was wondering if anyone else had this armour/dart combo and how they tackled getting the darts to fit effectively.

If anyone else has any thoughts or feedback it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

Yeah, I have done that with my darkside darts that are of the same size as Mojo's. It's a really tight fit, but can be done. The hard part is drilling through the fibreglass cleanly (which I failed and had to use some filler). You'll need to drill slightly into the curved corner to get enough space on the outer edge.
The image is old and not intended as reference for you, but it's the only one I've got right now.
dsc01056sw.jpg

Edit: Oh wait, you have the threaded ones. Mine go all the way through. So this might not be so helpful then. :(

Thanks for the reply locitus.

Yeah my darts are threaded so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I can fit them. I guess I could drill and glue gun them in but I would prefer something more secure, using the screws provided.

Anyone else have any ideas??

I would take them to a hardware store and see if you can find a thin nut and washer or maybe even a locking nut to secure the darts to the knees.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back