Hello and Thanks! (Starting My First 501st Fett Project)

StrandtheMan

New Hunter
Greetings everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment to say “hi” and give thanks to this community as I am about to set out on putting together a complete ROTJ Boba Fett suit with the goal of acceptance into the 501st. This will be first attempt at anything on this large of scale, but with all the information and help posted by you guys, it should be just as much fun as it will be work lol.

A little about my Fett project:

I’m currently awaiting some unpainted armor/soft props from BobaMaker and hope to find/make other key pieces through the help of fellow Dented Helmet members. I have some experience in painting and detailing, but this project will more or less be learning process as I go along. I plan on using an actual layering process of paint to give the most realistic weathering and damage effects. As for the key pieces I’m missing…I am still in need of a girth belt, shoes/toe spikes, shin tools, and EE-3 blaster kit. If anyone knows or recommends some great places for these items…by all means, please let me know (hopefully I’ll be able to post to the Cargo Hold soon).

In the end, I hope to document my painting steps and overall assembling of the suit to assist future enthusiasts who may want to take on the challenge of recreating such an iconic (and cool) Star Wars character such as the Fett. Thanks again everyone and I can’t wait to keep you posted!

girth belt: Woodman (on the forums) or if you want to do it yourself, there are really cheep white girth belts on amazon.com you could dye yourself.

toe spikes: I recommend Mojo Fett for aluminum parts. I had to wait a while for some knee rockets but they were worth every day I waited :D. Also Dark-Side is a good guy for aluminum parts (I got gauntlet darts from him but I think he does toe spikes too).

Shin tools: Mojo Fett has a lot of original parts for grabs and every now and again a pair on ebay surface from time to time.

EE-3 blaster: I heard Stormrider or Sidewinder are the guys to look for to get a rifle. Also I know AprilStorm is working on making a file to 3D print a EE-3 (ROTJ style) but I'm unaware of the current state it's in as I last remember it being a work in progress.

Welcome to the Dent by the way. Good luck on your build!

Thank you for the recommendations! I'll definitely be checking Sidewinder/Stormrider out for a rifle. :)

girth belt: Woodman (on the forums) or if you want to do it yourself, there are really cheep white girth belts on amazon.com you could dye yourself.

toe spikes: I recommend Mojo Fett for aluminum parts. I had to wait a while for some knee rockets but they were worth every day I waited :D. Also Dark-Side is a good guy for aluminum parts (I got gauntlet darts from him but I think he does toe spikes too).

Shin tools: Mojo Fett has a lot of original parts for grabs and every now and again a pair on ebay surface from time to time.

EE-3 blaster: I heard Stormrider or Sidewinder are the guys to look for to get a rifle. Also I know AprilStorm is working on making a file to 3D print a EE-3 (ROTJ style) but I'm unaware of the current state it's in as I last remember it being a work in progress.

Welcome to the Dent by the way. Good luck on your build!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back