terminal fettler TF2 helmet build WIP... At it again!

terminal fettler

Active Hunter
I thought i'd start up a WIP thread as i attempt to build another helmet from scratch. This time the dome is scratch built, so no BMX helmet to limit the overall shape of the sculpt... The materials I'm using are standard plastic card, alloy sheet and various foam as well as polyurethane resin and Isopon P38 (Bondo). The first pics show the really basic starting point to get the general shape and scale...

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

Ahh, very exciting, and a nice change of pace from your knitting ;) Honestly can't wait to see the finished product G, as basically everything Fett you touch is pure gold! :)

Glad for you to share this Garrett. I've been a kid in a candy store waiting for this! 100% faith this is gonna be one awesome helmet.

Thanks guys. Here is a shot of the back panel section in position, this section will be sculpted over with Bondo to achieve the slight compound curvature as seen on the actual helmet. At this stage the dome remains a separate piece that drops into position. I actually have three domes at the moment, all slightly different shapes...

IMG_1219.JPG

Here are a couple of shots of the lower cheeks going in and checking the sides of the helmet with a square. The lower cheeks will be sheet aluminium as this will be less prone to being sanded away as i adjust the upper cheeks through the coming sanding stages...

IMG_1229.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back