Boots Home made boots option

SPY007

Active Hunter
I used canvas to re do my old home made boots. First. I added foam to the front of the boot to square them off, then later to the sole. I folded over edges of three pieces of canvas and sewed on black piping. I fabric glued six total segments to each boot. I then glued in 6 inch high black elastic. A leather shop added the heavy stitching. They still need toe spikes.

Finishedboot.jpg

Originalshoe.jpg

Buildup.jpg

Thanks gents. Like all my parts, a WIP. I need to color the soles somehow. Paint or a thin layer if rubber glued on.

Finally finished the boots. wrapped the sides of the soles with white vinyl. Did the toe spikes on a lathe. Won't do it again.

BootsFinished.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
bpwmd:

The piping is sewn to the dark piece that goes up the front. It was then glued over pieces to its right and left. (Those were glued to the boots first) Piping is glued to two pieces behind those. Does that makes sense. Other than the piping being sewn to those pieces, none of the fabric parts are sewn together. It's all glued on. Also, at the bottom where the fabric meets the sole, the fabric is folded up under its self so there is no frayed edges. The very back is actually two pieces sewn together so there is a stitched seam up the back. Does that make sense?

SPY

Last edited by a moderator:
bpwmb:
I used some type of clear fabric glue that came in small clear-ish plastic bottle that looked like a diner catsup bottle. It been years. Contact cement will bleed through the canvas. Pretty sure it was Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac. Walmart and fabric stores sold it when I recovered my boots. Also, the piece on the back was one piece, not two sewn together.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back