I took an arrow to my knee.

TommyFett

Jr Hunter
Question for the Fett think tank:

I have pretty decent knee armor for my Jango (cruzer I think) They look beautiful, they came in three pieces which I (ca glue) glued them together. But they are prone to pop apart. (maybe I have sexy leg muscles.. I mean large leg muscles). Does this happen to anyone else?

I almost feel like trying to make some foam knee armor so these don't break, and I find myself constantly looking down during a troop to make sure all the parts are still there.

i've got some pretty wide knees as well, i have the dark-side coldcast knees. what i've done with them is cut off the fiberglass tab they come with for attachment, cut 4 pieces of sheet aluminum (16 gage i think?) about 1/2-3/4" x 2", then i cut a channel where the fiberglass tab was enough to fit the aluminum tab in there the short length. after that i cut a little fiberglass cloth, mix up some resin, get a clamp to hold the aluminum tab down, then 'glass it into place one side at a time. i start by 'glassing the tab into the knee plate first, then attach the "F" and dart holders once the first part is cured completely. leave yourself about 1/8" space between the front plate and other parts so that you can bend the aluminum a bit to make the knee armor a bit wider if you need it.

i hope i've explained that pretty well, check out this thread, http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/darksides-cc-jango-knee-armor-finished-saint-nasty-mike-44712/, those are a pair of knees i finished for another member last year, it should show you what i just tried explaining.

I actually had that same problem as well because one of my knees busted where the darts are (I have a stocky build) and all of my stuff is Cruzer made (which is freakin sweet!). I did something similar with mine albeit a little less high tech. I took a 6 in metal duct clamp, and cut it to where it would run the length of the whole knee cap. I then used the "amazing goop" as the adhesive to glue it to the knee. I left a very small gap between the inner part that I cut off (on the knee that didn't break) that way it could flex in or out depending on the pressure that was put on it (i.e. walking up and down stairs, ect).

Here are some pics
IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG
IMG_0731.JPG

Thanks nasty, mandolorian... That educated me pretty well. I've never worked with fiberglass, but I'm pretty sure I could mount a metal strip in there. ( probably wait for the next time it breaks. )

You guys are knee savers!!!!

This thread is perfect timing for me as my CC knee's should be coming in soon and I wanted to make sure I put them together good and strong since I broke my current pair on my last troop. I also have to remember NOT to kneel down so low, but its hard not to when the kid who wants the picture is really small. We aim to please.

PM Dynamic1; I recently saw his knees with an ingenious use of some elastic, with one side of the knee (the F) NOT solid attached, just attached with the elastic, but close enough to where it looks like it is one piece. Make sense? Probably not. I'm sure others do it. Hopefully they can post some pics. It allows the knee armor to conform without breaking. GOOD LUCK!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back