General Hose connection inside the suit?

Jawsum

New Hunter
Once more a pretty dumb question from a pretty dumb member, haha, sorry guys.. Anyway. Finally I am slooowly reaching the end of my costume, and once the last items are painted and I've received the rest of the lovely items in the mail, the putting on is next. SO! My question is, just HOW do you guys make the hose rest up in the flight suit sleeve? Simple ducktape (I hope not) or something fancier (just not too fancy! haha). Help?

EDIT: Thanks for the info, guys! New question about the cod piece tho. How do you secure that - connecting it and so forth? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a simple parachute clip system.

I can't find a picture of it right now, but it is one clip end on the hoses and the other is sewn into the double sleeve. You simply snap them together and push them up through the sleeve out of sight.

I would really appreciate images if you have it, I can be pretty lame on understanding text descriptions only, haha. But thank you for your time : )

Here is how mine is set up...
Near the top the hoses are zip tied together. Where the ends meet are wrapped in electrical tape along with a clip.
The last few pics you can see where the loops were sown in, basically where the inner sleeve is sown to the short sleeve. There are two loops to make it a little stronger. Two is better than one, right?! ;)
Hope this helps!

73E85346-E9FB-4862-AEFE-73668E8EE2A8-1402-000000F9EDD8F09A_zpsf7a1dab4.jpg

6C5E34C5-B695-46C8-A8D4-14A6A509B31E-1402-000000F9F69A551B_zps9e1662a7.jpg

80BA2D61-6035-4EE0-8FBE-3F276BC6392C-1402-000000F9FDF05295_zps604997a6.jpg

282E0DBA-75AA-478D-9548-C297000FCD3D-1402-000000FA0451907C_zps75177c30.jpg

I was thinking of using a cheap aluminum carabiner to attach my single hose (ESB) to the fightsuit. Drill a hole through the end of the braided hose, slip the carabiner through the holes in the hose, put a couple grommets up inside the sleeve of the flightsuit, and hook the carabiner to the grommet holes in the flightsuit sleeve. Would that work?
I plan on attaching my armor to my vest using carriage bolts through the flak vest, so I'd need a bag of grommets for the flak vest anyways.

I used a male/female clip from a Fanny pack (don't ask WHY I had a Fanny pack). I zip tied one end to a hole drilled thru my hose ends, and sewed the other end (by the cut off remnant of strap) under the double sleeve by my tricep

Haha, the fanny pack thingie made me laugh! Thanks, guys for all the answers, this gives me a much better idea of how to do it! : D

And you ruined a SW fanny pack? SHAME! hahah, jkjk. But anyway! I have another silly question. How do you guys secure your cod pieces?

I use an old method that was outlined in a tutorial here before the server change. The hose is split near the top in an upward diagonal (halfway into the tube) about 1" from the top. This tube can be pulled slightly open to fit a small bit of elastic sewn up into the sleeve of the flightsuit.

Wow, nice, but I am thinking about the thingie in the pack as well, the back piece on Boba. Guess it works kinda the same?

I have an ESB, so only one pesky hose to deal with.

I originally had a simple snap system, but I made it even easier, abd damage proof.

I have a snap installed up my sleeve. I guess it's the "female" side. The "male" side is attached to a piece of elastic, about 2 inches long or so. Wrapped up in the elastic is a piece of rare earth magnet. At the end of the hose is the opposing magnet, also wrapped ( taped up) in elastic. ( The elastic is bolted to the hose. ) Since I am useless dressing myself, I have a helper, and it makes it really easy for the helper to just slide the hose up the sleeve, and the magnets find each other. The reason I like this is that in the past, I would sometimes pull the hose out of my sleeve and it would be dangling. Nothing worse than a dangling hose. The elastic allows some play, and if by chance it comes undone, it's easy enough to get the magnets together again instead of actually having to repair it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back