Hello from Iowa

Susurro

New Hunter
Greetings All!

I’ve been lurking on these boards for a while now and have decided to finally join in the fun. I’m starting to slowly piece together a SE Boba set. I’m not in any rush, but am excited to get going.

I’ve got a set of armor on order from RKD that I’m very much looking forward to. I haven’t ordered anything else yet, though. I’m holding off on the helmet and jetpack because if I get too much at once, I know I’ll try to rush through it. And I’m holding off on the soft parts because I am trying to lose a few inches from the waistline and don’t want to have to start over before I even finish! :p

I’ll probably put together some kind of build thread once I get started, as it’ll probably encourage me to keep moving. I’ve got a question to get me started. What is the best brand of paint to use for airbrushing? I’ve seen a lot of discussion on Humbrol and Testors. Is there an advantage to either? Is it mostly just based on location?

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and seeing where this goes!

Welcome to TDH....and the obsession. Theres lists upon lists of paint to use...i guess its up to you really what you use. And colors can be mixed to achieve anything really. So it all depends on you. I have a stock of different humbrols, floquils, testors model masters etc....probably 80 bottles of paint in my case. Its not cheap but worth the flexibility of color pallet.

That is a lot of paint. Where did you find the floquil paints? I had a hard time finding some of the colors.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back