BobaMaker & MOW ESB Gauntlet comparrison

JayBox325

Hunter
Hi guys,

just looking to update my gauntlets. Which ESb gaunts are better? They both look great quality!

bobamaker or MOW?

BobaMaker:
- £210
- Assembled w/ hinges
- Primered
- Aluminium flamethrower
- In the UK (where I am)

MOW:
- £180
- Unassembled w/o hinges
- Unpainted
- In the US

What are people's opinions of these? Cheers

They are both beautiful gauntlets.

Bobamaker gaunts are fiberglass and though he his closer to you he does likey have a bit of a wait time. Its nice the hinges are already attached and cuts time bit them being assembled and primed

MOW gaunts are resin and and usually ship very fast. you would however have to factor in more shipping and the fact you need to lay fiberglass in them nowadays. My 09 ones were made with a ridgid alumilite resin and much more durable but he no longer makes them from this resin. Adding the hinge isnt all that hard and neither is priming them. It will just add a little time to your build.

Both are very nice gaunts though so in that respect you cant go wrong either way.

They are both beautiful gauntlets.

Bobamaker gaunts are fiberglass and though he his closer to you he does likey have a bit of a wait time. Its nice the hinges are already attached and cuts time bit them being assembled and primed

MOW gaunts are resin and and usually ship very fast. you would however have to factor in more shipping and the fact you need to lay fiberglass in them nowadays. My 09 ones were made with a ridgid alumilite resin and much more durable but he no longer makes them from this resin. Adding the hinge isnt all that hard and neither is priming them. It will just add a little time to your build.

Both are very nice gaunts though so in that respect you cant go wrong either way.

Thanks mate. I think I'll go with BobaMaker's. It's £20 extra or so including primers & hinges, plus all the time to assemble them and using skills that I am lacking with fitting hinges & smoothing them out or whatever.

I just won't get my hopes up and won't aim to have them by October for Comic-Con. Which is a shame.

You are probably looking at early next year for the gaunts. I placed an order with daz for a painted chest armor set and he told me February.

I actually have darth vorhees old mow gaunts and they are nice, but left one is a little small on me. If you are a bigger guy, I'm 6'4 and 230, the BM ones might be the way to go.

I'm 5'10/5'11, I could add some foam padding to the interior of the BM ones if they're too big. I'd rather have some too big that I can make snugger because it's harder to make it bigger :p

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back