Questions regarding methods of attachment for vest

daltron

New Hunter
Hello everyone.

I am about to undertake a ESB Fett build. But right now im in full research mode. I have looked around the forums but have come up empty. Im looking for techniques to attaching the armor to the vest. If someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again!

There are two main ways to do it: use Velcro strips or to have eyelet holes put in the vest and attach the armor with nuts and bolts. A few have used snaps and magnets, but the Velcro or bolt methods seem to be the most popular.

Here's a link off the wiki that lists a few ways -- I recently went the eyelets/bolts route as well. Where I diverged is I used nylon bolts and nuts to lighten the overall weight of it. Some have warned that they can be stripped more easily, which may be the case, but I dont imagine taking the armor off so often that its a concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that idea of the nylon bolts! I have standard bolts/nuts on my vest. I never take the armor off except when i changed out my chest display. I think your right...the chances of stripping them out probably isnt that high.Its not like you take em off every troop lol

I also liked the magnet idea...but i dunno if having magnets that strong up against your body is safe...i really have no idea lol.

I know a few people that use magnets and they have no problem. The only time you would likely run into a problem would be if you had a pacemaker, then you couldn't use magnets around it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back