Hairspray Chipping?

Rwythe

New Hunter
I went to hobby town to buy more masking liquid and an employee told me about hairspray chipping to make the battle damage instead of masking. Has anyone here tried it and what were your results? I looked at a few YouTube videos and I'm trying it on my visor cut-out but would love to hear if anyone has been successful.

Its a first for me, just watched a few vid's on the tube, interesting, looks good for small detail not so sure about larger areas.
two other techniques I have use are toothpaste and mustard.... very messy, but effective and cheap.

I did my bucket with toothpaste, worked great. I bought some masking fluid but when I found out I had to wait for it to dry before painting I went back to toothpaste. Quick and cheap!

I'm using the hairspray technique on a helmet paint up at the moment it's a tricky technique to control on larger areas, more suited to scale models, I may post the results if it turns out OK, it's a WW2 themed Fett, with plenty of rust etc...

thanks for the input guys. I tried a few test pieces and I agree I think it's better for smaller scale items. Back to the old ways of doing things.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back