Something very, very special.

intwenothor

Well-Known Hunter
Live the dream.

Webleyrealparts.gif

Craig, the flash tube is a Heiland. It's a 3 cell Heiland and it's close to the MPP but it's still not an MPP. I've only ever seen one MPP for sale and didn't buy it. It was £200 and I passed on it although now I've got all the other bits I'd probably go that far. This Heiland was about £30 and is close so I'm not unhappy with it.

I've been looking for a thread that had various different templates for different flash tube holes. Can't find it though. Anyone help me out?

Everything else is as it should be, Parts from 1977 Revell Visible V8 - connecting rod and pulley front half (parts 65 and 107), ASI 4x20 scope with correct hero receiver rings and tall mounting pads/feet, Hirschmann LMK - AM aerial earth plug and Molex connectors courtesy of some excellent Dented Helmet men; Bojagun and BH-2647 respectively -thanks men, oh and the other bit..............................

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep looking at the pulley front half and some stills and can't help thinking it might be a bit small. I can't be sure though.

I look at this picture:

ESB_EE3_CarbineBlaster.jpg

and this close up and I can't make it marry up in my mind

ESB_EE3_CarbineBlaster-1.jpg

What confuses me is that when I look at the light dot that appears to be just under under the connecting rod in the picture I think it might be the pin that can clearly be seen on my real Webley above (behind/to the left of the main breach point). The problem is that the angles and dimensions don't add up for me. When I replicate the angle of the screen still with my real Webley then that pin would have to be further back in order for it to be in the same place as the light dot under the connecting rod. Maybe the light mark that appears under the connecting rod might actually be a light mark on the connecting rod itself.....

Maybe it is part 107 and I certainly want the pulley front half to be right but looking at that light mark has really thrown me. Is the light mark just 'weathering' on the connecting rod?

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO that dot is on the V8 rod itself and the pulley part is correct. I just held up my real Webley barrel (showing off) and pulley/rod assembly in comparison with your pic on my screen and the 'rightness' of it is just too great to deny.

SAS

It's a beautiful set up and picture, glad you showed it off. I recently laid out all my real and close to real ESB EE-3 parts just like that (replica bronze Webley :( ) I forgot to take a picture though.

Can you bring yourself to chip off the back top of the stock? It's easy to say I would but if I had one of those in hand maybe I wouldn't be able to.

Hey Andy

Did you make any progress with your ESB EE-3?
I´d love to see some pics :)

Markus

In a word; no. I know I said I was happy with the Heiland but now I'vebeen thinking that having come this far that the MPP (or certainly something a lot closer to one) is really important. If it was a resin kit I wouldn't mind but now it's become more important to me. I also need to construct some scope mounts and centre stock greeblies and my work schedule for the summer makes that look unlikely any time before October, which will give me more time to look for an MPP

In a word; no. I know I said I was happy with the Heiland but now I'vebeen thinking that having come this far that the MPP (or certainly something a lot closer to one) is really important. If it was a resin kit I wouldn't mind but now it's become more important to me. I also need to construct some scope mounts and centre stock greeblies and my work schedule for the summer makes that look unlikely any time before October, which will give me more time to look for an MPP

I guess you could mount the heilland in a non-permanent way to use as a mock up while you search for an MPP? :)
I know that my blaster is resin, but I could take my heiland out at any time (although it is stuck in there pretty good).

Well, I've just bought a MR vader ESB fx (2005) model. I actually already had one but It was a gift and so didn't want to carve it up. Once I've dismantled it I'll post some pics of what it looks like under the detailing. If it's suitable and essentially correct then it could be a good way forward for many of us.

I've only ever seen one MPP for sale and didn't buy it. It was £200 and I passed on it although now I've got all the other bits I'd probably go that far.

From the last numbers i´ve seen - now you can double or triple that amount, for a decent one. And even then it´s even harder to find than to pay.

Remember, each Lightsaber collector needs at least 3 of them for his Vader sabers. So the prices go up. :D

Blimey, six hundred pounds. The one I saw was this year!!!!! I do have a lot left over from having saved so much to buy the Webley, I'll see what a chopped up fx looks like, if that's no good I'll consider a carving up a MR Vader ANH LE, those things are ten a penny. I bought one complete with all the boxes and case for £140 so that may be an option. Either way it's a lot less tha six hundred. I had thought about trying to get a parks but I keep reading bad things about supply and delays, some mighty ticked off people out there.

Any luck with the FX? I'd really like a MPP replica, wish I had jumped on one back when they were more common and relative to now, cheap but of course back then I was cheaper.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back