HELP! hyperdyne labs rangefinder servo controller

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Does ANYONE know how to wire this thing? This unit came with no instructions. doesnt look like thew wireless remote board is getting power. if i switch it on and off the servo moves a tad bit but the remote does not work and i cant get anything else to work. Its driving me nuts. Ive had this thing for almost a year and cant for the life of me figure out how to make it work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems noone has a clue about this board eh? Probably why the last owner sold it lol.

Well im determined to get this to work! Im going to undo everything that was done to this before i took ownership and have messaged hyperdyne as another member suggested...hopefully they will be able to shed some light on the subject!

This thread is a little old, so you may have got it working by now....

I just got my Servo Board and Receiver in yesterday and it works fine (I got the control board & receiver kit together to they are already wired to each other). But if I didn't have the instructions I'm sure I would have done something wrong. I've scanned the first few pages of the instructions and sent them to you via PM (didn't know if posting them here would violate any rules or such....). Hope they help you out. If I screwed up on the PM (which I prob did...), LMK and I can figure out how to make the scans clearer and easier to read.

Good luck!

Thanks man thats much appreciated! It is a lil old, but i STILL havent figured it out. I actually havent touched it since i posted this. Hyperdyne never got back to me.
The pics are too small to read though, but If you can e-mail em to me, that would be great! tk6908@gmail.com thanks again man! hopefully i can get this thing working!

Email incoming!
I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. Maybe how the servo is plugged in to the board (the instructions say to be sure to have the servo's black ground wire nearest tot he resistor by the edge of the board)? Or maybe a wire came loose in the receiver board?
Good luck & let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks man...well i know one issue is my servo doesn t have a "plug" its just 3 wires...so im going to get a new servo and try again. thanks for the help man..hoping i can get it working once i have a new servo!

Ok had this on hold for a second...i ordered a new servo, and got a shaft attachment for it as well. Gonna hit home depot next week and try to get some set screws. Then im gonna give this another shot. Thanks to TK1072 for the info..hopefully it will get this goin!

Servo and shaft arrived! I may try and mess with it this weekend. Got alot to get done though for other people! hoping to have all commissions done by the end of this month/beginning of next month...then i can really get into upgrading my stuff some more :)

Hey Darth!

I've got a Hyperdyne set up and it came pre-wired. Jim (at Hyperdyne) sent me a color install wiring diagram. If you would like a copy I can email it to you.

In regards to the shaft attachment, what exactly are you talking about? My lid is from Bobamaker and is totally awesome, but it's too thick at the ear cap for the bushing and I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to attach it to the shaft. The 77BB servo that came with the hyperdyne setup has enough torque to break the 5 minute epoxy bond I establish. The thickness of the lid is exactly 2 bushings so I'm trying to figure out how to make the drive shaft on the servo longer. Is this the attachment you are talking about? If so, are you using the same HiTech servo?

Here's the servo I'm working with...

HS-77BB - Hitec RCD

Thanks,

Douglas (Warpcell)

hey doug!

TK1072 sent me a copy of his, im going to guess its the same. but thank you!

Im using the same servo! Check out the stickied thread here:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/rs-zip-zap-mini-rc-rf-servo-tutorial-25704/

He shows a shaft that can be added to the shaft on the servo to extend it. he also shows a great way to secure the stalk to said shaft attachment. I bought some metal bits and a tap set to add a set screw to the stalk. excellent tutorial.

i bought the shaft attachment and the servo at servocity. heres the link to the shaft attachment:
Servo Shaft Attachment (.250")

Hey Darth,

:cheers

I found a way to shoe horn the system into the bucket. The quality of Darren's build is awesome. Now all I have to do is get this extension and I'm in business.

Thanks again for that link! I hope you get the wiring figured out. I'd me happy to take pics of my boards if it will help you. I got the RF transmitter system with the key fob. Let me know if you want to pics. I haven't mounted it yet and can get them to you in a flash.

Thanks,

- Douglas

yea man id love that! you can send em to the e-mail i posted a couple of posts up. i have the key fob as well...havent even thought about how im gonna get that to work in a gauntlet yet lol

Hey Darth,

Almost forgot.... If you didn't notice, there are extension plugs available for the servo if you need more length. You probably already know this but I figured I would throw it out anyway.

Here's the link.

https://www.servocity.com/html/servo_extensions___leads.html

Thanks again Bud!

- Douglas

- - - Updated - - -

Here's how I hacked my key fob and installed it into the gaunt.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/...ntrolling-rf-servo-board-hyperdynelabs-44652/

Hope this helps!

- Douglas

Awesome! thanks man! you rock!

My keyfob looks different, but im guessing the same method would apply. Mine looks like an old 90's square one lol.

Also do you need to use both buttons on your gaunt? Or can a button be pressed to drop the RF and then pressed again to raise it? I have ESB fett so im going to use my right gauntlet. I have one switch hooked up to the light though.

photo 4.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGHere you go....

Beautiful...you are the man! Between the instruction sheet and your pics, i should be able to get this going! Wish i didnt have to go to work tomorrow or id stay up tonight haha. thanks again bud!

Switch Zoom.jpgFOB Installed.jpgKey FOB Front.jpgFOB Board Back.jpgFOB LED Lit.jpg

Here's pics from my other link about the key fob hotwire.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem Darth!

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I'd love to see an shot of the inside of your bucket when you get all this stuff installed.

Good luck!

- Douglas

- - - Updated - - -

Switch Zoom.jpg

FOB Installed.jpg

Key FOB Front.jpg

FOB Board Back.jpg

FOB LED Lit.jpg

Hi Warpcell,
Nice work on installing the key fob in the gauntlet!! I have wanted to do something like this since I got my control board installed but had no idea how to get it done. Thanks for posting the instructions to your mod!
Take care,
-Dave

Hi Darth,

If your remote has 2 buttons, one button sends the signal to lower the stalk and the other raises the stalk. If you have a switch on the smaller board (like in my photo) it allows the buttons to manually control the stalks motion, otherwise it is pre-programmed with a static 90 degree rotation.

On my gauntlet, the button closest to my wrist lowers the stalk and the other one raises it.

Rock on Bro!

- Doug

Awesome! thanks man! you rock!

My keyfob looks different, but im guessing the same method would apply. Mine looks like an old 90's square one lol.

Also do you need to use both buttons on your gaunt? Or can a button be pressed to drop the RF and then pressed again to raise it? I have ESB fett so im going to use my right gauntlet. I have one switch hooked up to the light though.

Hi TK1072,

Thanks for the props! I love tinkering around with stuff. Be careful when you solder the board, you don't want to cross a circuit. I didn't add any solder to the connections. Rather, I just let the iron heat up the original solder just enough to get a connection to the new wires. Once the original solder grabbed onto the new wire, I used hot glued to take the torque off of the connection. I also took great care in not striping the wire too far back so it wouldn't cause an arc and short out the transmitter.

Good luck Bro!

- Warpcell (Doug)

Hi Warpcell,
Nice work on installing the key fob in the gauntlet!! I have wanted to do something like this since I got my control board installed but had no idea how to get it done. Thanks for posting the instructions to your mod!
Take care,
-Dave

It works!!! it works!! thank both of you guys so much!! I havent tried the keyfob mod yet though..that one scares me a little lol. Once i get this mounted in the helmet and have everything workin, ill grow a set and try the fob mod.

Thanks again guys!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back