Dumb Question from a noob

Altann

Jr Hunter
Hey guys,

I just started my ROTJ build with the helm. I was able to get my hands on a FP helm and I am about to start the paint job but I have one thing that confuses me. I have looked at numerous photos of the helm and my question is the back keyhole area with the circuit board supposed to be the red color or a silver metallic color? I have seen photos of ROTJ helms and some are red and some are silver. Thanks!

The ROTJ helmet has Silver key hole at the back
helmet back.JPG
Cant remember what exhibit this came from MOM I think:confused

Hey guys,

I just started my ROTJ build with the helm. I was able to get my hands on a FP helm and I am about to start the paint job but I have one thing that confuses me. I have looked at numerous photos of the helm and my question is the back keyhole area with the circuit board supposed to be the red color or a silver metallic color? I have seen photos of ROTJ helms and some are red and some are silver. Thanks!

You are right... and you are right!

The rear keyhole is metallic silver with a slight misted red on top, then some fine scratches added (maybe a metal brush, sandpaper or something similar?) to complete that area.

All the helmets painted by Sandy has that misted red on the rear keyhole: the Pre-Pro #2 has less red, the ROTJ Hero has some visible red spots, while the Sandy is over saturated with red:

Sandy Helmets Keyhole Color.jpg

Yup, Raf is spot on once again - as ive been studying the ROTJ myself at the minute, there are definately some light misted red spots, particularly in the middle of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th keyhole. If however, you are looking at it from a more basic perspective, the ROTJ has silver keyhole panel, while its the ESB version that has the red. Very differrent paint ups all round :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back