A few dumb questions

Jc27

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Well mynAsok CC wil be here soon, so I will be able to get going on my suit so I am pretty psyched. Question is when do I cut out the section for the visor, before or after paint? Since its CC, that means that it won't need the base silver coat correct? I know that this has probably been covered a thousand times, but I just want to be sure because I want my painter to have all of the info to be able to do a good job.

I would cut out the visor prior to painting the lid and then mount your visor if you are going the removable route. Yeah with the CC there is no need for the silver layer.

I would do some research looking at the WIP Boba Fett Helmet paint ups, especially the Asok CC ones. Google works a lot better and faster than this websites search engine too. Most the ones I've seen they have the visor area cut out before they paint. Look at how they paint the helmets step by step and you will get your answers. I think they have stencils to help you with the detail. Also don't kill yourself if its not perfect, u can always get another one in good time and become even better at it. Post your progress so the more experienced people will help you out along the way! Hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

I would cut out the visor prior to painting the lid and then mount your visor if you are going the removable route. Yeah with the CC there is no need for the silver layer.

Yes yes, to Deadland you listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should do any surface prep work before you cut out the visor area, i.e. sanding to get it smooth and pretty. Then once you cut it out you'll need some small files to clean up the edges. Also, just because it is cold cast you wont have to paint the silver layer, but you will still need to prime for the other layers of paint. So mask off the silver first before anything, then prime and begin with the rest of the paint.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back