Jango Jetpacks

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
EDIT: If you have come to this thread to look for paint colors....I have links listed in post 39 and my color choices listed in post 40. Hope this is helpful.

Ok, I am going to start 2 jetpacks. I am going to paint up a Kamino pack (first time) and an Arena pack (second one). I am going to do my best to document my progress and take pics as I go along. Both packs were recently acquired from another TDH'er in a smooth and painless deal. One pack has arrived and the other should be here tomorrow I am guessing.

The first one to come in was the BFUK Kamino pack. Here is how it came in.

img99541.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a very nice cast that is already primered. The parts are well made and are made to bolt together.

img99571.jpg

The only bummer was that one piece was broken during transit. I think I can repair it without much trouble.

img99551r.jpg

My plan is to drill each side and place a small dowel in it to reconnect the two sides.

So this is the beginning of the Kamino road..........I still need to buy my paints. I plan on using Seekers colors that he has posted in the past.

Stay tuned for the next update when the Arena pack arrives........

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, can't wait to see the outcome. I'm going to attempt to paint my Arena pack myself and hopefully this will help prevent a heart attack!

I will probably actually do the Arena first. I already have the paint and I have the experience of doing one before. Plus it is a lot less colors to deal with. I hope to start on them this weekend.

Here is the repair to the thruster. I drilled each side with my dremel, then cut a dowel to fit. Then I just used CA glue to attach the parts together.

repairs001.jpg

repairs002.jpg

it actually looks rougher in the pic than in person, it is a fairly smooth surface on the repair.

In an effort to not have to clean house I put down the white paint.

whitepaint002.jpg

whitepaint004.jpg

After reading through some other WIP threads, I decided to go lighter colors to darker colors........so white is first, then I will put down the farm equipment yellow. I did not find the Rustoleum that I was looking for so I went with what appears to be a close match, Valspar Equipment Yellow 5339-08

Ok I guess you can always learn more about Jango Fett.

I have been researching the Kamino pack and realized..........there is more than one. Some pics have a black band around the rocket, and some of the pics don't.

jangofettcostumecii0505.jpg

jangofettcostumedag0915.jpg

So now I am off to look at some screen grabs to see what was on the film......

- - - Updated - - -

jangofettcostumecii0505.jpg

OK, the arena pack arrived today. I sat down and started taping it off to get ready for some paint. I am going to start on the lighter color, and work toward the dark. I will use Rustoleum Slate blue for the light blue, and Rustoleum Midnight blue for the dark blue. I hope to have some pics to post on my days off at the end of the week.

The cast is very nice and the Cold Cast is excellent.

oh and on my research on the Kamino pack.....in the youtube video Introducing the Fetts you can clearly see the black band on the rocket as Jango is fighting Obi Wan. I also realized that the pack in the gallery does not have piano keys on it, but the pack on the runway show pics has the piano keys. It appears that LFL was just as careful with Jango as they were with Boba.... LOL

Yes the piano keys are not in the Jetpack , for my is a real rare................all the jetpack used by costumes are with piano keys.............well Lucas takes his role very well...............I never seen a costume without piano keys, untill now...............

Ok here are some more update pics......

Here is an in progress shot.
jetpackwork002.jpg

and here we are a little farther along.....
jetpackwork005.jpg

I still need to add the "text", add the band on the rocket, and weather it.

also right now everything is still very glossy. I am going to seal it with a satin finish to flatten it out more. That along with the weathering should take all of the shine off.

Next up is some pics for the arena pack.

The arena pack arrived a few days ago. Here is how it arrived.

jetpackwork004.jpg

I have taped off the cold cast and stuck with my lightest color first method so the slate blue went on first...............now I am taping off for the midnight blue...

jetpackwork007.jpg

Most of the parts are sitting out in the shop with at least one coat of paint on, and some are fully painted and ready for assembly.

IMG_0874.JPGphoto (22).JPGphoto (25).JPGCan't wait to see how it comes out. Here are some pics of mine. I got my jet pack, it came fully assembled. There are some minor imperfections in my pack, but not noticeable to the public.

Here is the next step for me. I need to find my satin finish.................can't find that can anywhere, and then I will be ready to weather.

progress002.jpg

I free handed all of the text, and I am not completely happy with it. I may redo some of it before I seal it.

And here is where the arena pack is..........

progress001.jpg

Thanks man, the key to any of it is taking time to tape off the sections. Even then you will have some bleeding of the paints that need to be fixed with touch up and covered up with weathering. I didn't get a chance to work on these the last two days. My wife's birthday and a couple other things took priority.

I hope to finish assembly, seal everything and then weather these this week. I work nights so it will all depend on how I feel when I get up in the afternoons before work. I love my 12 hour shifts for the days off, but the work days don't leave you much time to do anything other than work and sleep.

to be continued......

I feel you. I did a 12on/12off for a year. =( Luckily, people did my laundry and cooked my food so I could atleast get some sleep and gym time in. =)

Looking good!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back