REALLY!?!?

Are you kidding me?? My posts got deleted? I had valid points that I made and THEY GOT DELETED?!?! I am getting really tired of the favoritism around this place. No other forum I go to does this. And because I speak out and stand up against someone who I feel is an arrogant, self serving "deity" figure on here, and I am not allowed an opinion about it? I am sick of how they treat people, and constantly change the rules to suit themselves, and then play the game of a 6 year old by saying, "well, I never said that." Not to mention there are plenty of others who feel exactly the same way I do. And I get CENSORED for this? So basically this proves my point 110%!! You are not aloud to speak your mind when it comes to the ALMIGHTY BEING. You are only allowed to obey, agree, smile and eat what is fed to you. If you disobey or are not one of his chosen, then you are lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was probably deemed as "trolling" because you didn't actually buy a helmet...yet.

or at least that's the excuse they will give you.

Sad thing is I was a member waaaay back when the site was new. I let my membership lapse and forgot all my login info, so I came back a year ago. People think I am a noob here and that is not the case. And I have done business with member here, been a good member, but when I see BS I call people on it! Now I understand why I come here and go away for such long periods of time. No other forum that I am a member of does stuff like this. I had very valid points, and everything I said was true. I guess it's like they say, the truth does hurt. I will probably buy one of the ones that undoubtedly will show up in the cargo hold because of unhappy customers!

I really, really detest censorship of any kind. That first amendment thing really gets stuck in my craw .
Maybe it's because my family and I have served and fought for those rights.
I know, I know... It isn't censorship and the First amendment doesn't apply here because it's a private forum blah blah blah.
But it still doesn't make it right.

Which thread are you talking about? I don't see any recently deleted posts. DarthVeach, you still have a post in the original GMH sales thread (which is closed but not deleted) where you make valid criticism of how that run was/is being handled, and you have posts in another thread where you take issue with the forum rules. And now you're complaining here about how awful you think the forum is. Where are you being censored?

slave1pilot recently started a fairly provocative thread with FP regarding a difficult topic, a lot of subject matter was covered, and all of those posts are still there.

Moderator hat off:

I don't disagree with any of your points: The run has been terrible. I've been waiting 18 months for my helmet now. I'm extremely unhappy. I think it was bad sales practice to switch from fiberglass to rotocast resin midstream without consulting with the buyers. You are spot on with all of that.

But, that thread is to track the progress of the completion of the run of helmets that started in October 2010.

Moderator hat on

We've done our best to follow the rules. When FP deleted the original sale thread, it was restored. We didn't want the old discussion or timelines hidden.

When people have posted replies not directly relevant to the helmet run started in 2010, we've removed them. It's not to protect or hide anything, it's to keep the thread on track. Trust me, EVERYONE wants to see these helmets all shipped and in the hands of the EXTREMELY patient buyers.

When slave1pilot started a "*** FP???" thread, it wasn't deleted. It was allowed to run its course, then locked. It's still there for any curious buyers to read.

I've been on the TDH staff for a fairly long time, and I really haven't seen what I would consider to be favoritism. If there was some sort of shady relationship between TDH and FP, those of us on the staff who ordered GMH helmets would have had them long ago ;)

When slave1pilot started a "*** FP???" thread, it wasn't deleted. It was allowed to run its course, then locked. It's still there for any curious buyers to read.

It wasn't a "*** FP" thread, it was a thread asking what Fettpride owed people. Let keep that straight .
I'll also disagree with the thread running it's course.
it was active for 51 and a half hours.
That's hardly enough time for interested parties to voice their opinion before Art locked it.

Granted, what FP and I had to say to each other ran it's course (and still no word of parts shipping to me BTW)
But other people that were owed things by Chris had a very small window to post it.

Now it looks like an isolated incident where one member didn't get what he thought he was owed.
Which is not the case since several people either contacted me by PM, text, email, or Facebook about it.

I made a joke on Facebook about spending a dollar on TDH app for my iPhone and it was deleted in seconds...so I guess this is the empire all over again

Slave1Pilot -

My order fulfillments are going out in prioritized order. I am one man, fulfilling his
obligations to the board. As can be seen by the GMH thread. Orders are arriving to
members every day. I've already been contacted by the administration about it
and it has been discussed thoroughly. I have even suspended new orders from this
forum entirely until the backlog is cleared in a week or two. This is as much as any
reasonable human being can be expected to do. I would seriously appreciate your
patience while this is tied up.

As for THE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION" ...

"I" (by myself) petitioned the administration to clear the new GMH thread of what
was agreed to be "OFF TOPIC" discussion. That thread was established for one
purpose, and one purpose only. To monitor fulfillment of the GMH customer run.
Darthveach is NOT a customer. His statements and arguments created a hostile
environment that served no positive purpose as his arguments had already been
covered in a non-combative manner previous to his involvement.

I am not going to say anything more in the matter. Ultimately this is ALL up to
the administration. I have no say so whatsoever. There is absolutely no favoritism.
That I can assure you. I have addressed everything I have been obligated to.

On one small side note :
Brian ... I intercepted your package to replace your fiberglass GMH with a machine
roto GMH after reading your comments on the GMH thread. I was actually trying
to surprise you. If you would prefer, I will rush your current package to you without
delay (y)

Chris

I have been a member here for a long time , and IMHO "in my humble opinion" what i have seen over the last couple of years is favoritism.it all started when fp was "aloud " to "fix" and recast the mr helmet .call it what you will but when that happened this board "allowed" recasting . now nobody really cared cause everybody wanted one , but the bottom line is, a line was crossed .That being said , i ordered one and it was a work of art . I have alot of respect for art , i have met him and his lovely wife , and i think that fettprides offerings are second to none , and while im sure this post will get some peeps upset , again its what i have observed and its my OPINION .

This is unbelievable. You're going to drag a flame war into this, that was from years ago?
Do you people actually hate me? So much so that with one bad run, you people want to
drag everything else out you can possibly find to keep the *$hit going ?? That is the thanks I get
for 10 years of service !!! ???

Let me remind you ALL, ONE LAST TIME ...

That helmet you speak of, was from a DEFUNCT company. NO LONGER IN BUSINESS !!! NO DIFFERENT than
when people recast the DP Deluxe. there are others that had already been recasting and providing
copies far longer than my having stepped up to offer one. I will also add, that the Mystery Helmet was no
different and was "GRAND DADDIED" in years before. Most all makers even to current, made them or still
make them. Why do you "crucify" those that provide your costume "TOYS" ? I am DAMNED tired of being
the ONLY one that you people seem to want to demonize for making your "TOYS" !

The ONLY THING I AM GUILTY OF, is providing products that people WANT. I have tried to be part of this
family. I have shaken your damned hands. I have swapped drinks with a LOT of you. I've been pleasant
with you. At times, I fall down, and I lash out when I'm being DOG-PILED. Put yourself in MY shoes. There
isn't one of you that would have been as nice, or decent under pressure as I have. If not run away
first. Over this last 6 weeks or more, I have hit head on, what anyone wanted to say to me. Any question
asked. I answered it. I've done my due diligence to bring orders current. And kissed it in the name of
customer service .. because it was my obligation to you as my paying customers because I slipped behind
on my orders. I took the $hit slinging in Private Messaging like a man, and the public bursts of crucifixion
with as much restraint as I could muster. This is where it ends.

You people are doing your DAMNEDEST to cripple me, my reputation, MY NAME ... for what?? Because you
didn't get your order on time? Right? The fact that I'm showing that I've not ran away from my obligations
and commitments by going against my own cardinal rule by posting up MANY names and tracking numbers
at a time (drawing more attention to myself as a vendor and copyright infringer) isn't enough ???
*** do you want me to do ?? A number of you keep constantly badgering me in public to post my private
business and practices for what reason? When there are OTHER vendors right here, right now that
have owed members harnesses and jetpacks and guns and shin tools and other misc items for 3 YEARS ???
And these vendors tell their customers (some of those with the administration) , tough $hit ... and I am the
one standing my ground and fulfilling my orders and fighting with one or two that keep threatening
to want to be one of my customers (and never do), grand stands a call to arms for a witch hunt for "Fettpride"
because he's such a HORRIBLE dude? It just takes one of you to post a "private bone" and for the rest of you
to come chime in like rabid animals ? Really? I am THAT horrible ??? Seriously give it a think. I've been here,
for 10 YEARS. And I've helped a great deal of you. Many times over.

I have been a member here for a long time , and IMHO "in my humble opinion" what i have seen over the last couple of years is favoritism.it all started when fp was "aloud " to "fix" and recast the mr helmet .call it what you will but when that happened this board "allowed" recasting . now nobody really cared cause everybody wanted one , but the bottom line is, a line was crossed .That being said , i ordered one and it was a work of art . I have alot of respect for art , i have met him and his lovely wife , and i think that fettprides offerings are second to none , and while im sure this post will get some peeps upset , again its what i have observed and its my OPINION .

Chris - you know that I've tried really hard to balance my frustration as a customer with my understanding as a propmaker myself. But I feel I have to say this as an attempt to be constructive, not to dogpile on you.

The people complaining about the run aren't the ones damaging your reputation. You are damaging it both by getting so far behind in the first place and by flipping out on anyone who questions you. The people complaining are just being honest about their frustrations. People will sing your praises if they are happy and curse your name if they are not. That's the nature of having a public name.

I know that I am very slow to get things done for people. I've screwed up a few times left people hanging for far, far too long. Thankfully I learned from it and don't make the same mistakes anymore.

I don't take more than 10 orders at a time, I don't take payment in full until the product is boxed up and ready to ship, and I finish one run completely before I start another. Even then I get behind sometimes... If someone isn't happy with the delay, I refund his/her money, even when it's an out-of-pocket loss for me. The moment I accept money it's no longer about friends, it's about business, and I treat it as such.

I get that you wanted to not turn anyone away. But, the simple fact is that there are people who have waited a long time, and when they ask for an update they get scolded for it. I'm actually impressed people have been so nice about it really.

I understand that you are doing a ton of work for the community, but it's not philanthropy... You are being fairly compensated for your efforts. So while you ABSOLUTELY deserve respect, thanks and appreciation for what you do, you also owe your customers similar respect, thanks and appreciation. You wouldn't have a reputation in the first place without them.

Think about this from an outsider's view: You took much, much longer to deliver than anyone could have reasonably guessed when the project started. You fundamentally changed the product mid-stream without asking your customers if they were OK with that. Your delays have had trickle down impact on other projects that aren't even yours.

That's not the way to maintain a good reputation.

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't planning to sell here anymore. I hope you are able to find a happy groove that lets you do what you want to do and enjoy it again.

Brian,

I have addressed this, over and over. My "biting heads" at times for starters. As you might know, when the pressure is on,
sometimes it gets to us as human beings. And I have apologized for it on numerous occasions. In this particular case, what
seeded THIS current thread however, was a matter of a member who took issues with things that had already been discussed
in the GMH thread in a VERY non combative manner, and brought them right back to the forefront in a hostile manner. A
member which had no stake in a thread that was established to conclude business with members who had purchased GMH's.
A person would have to be blind not to see that not only was he not a customer (his own admission) but that there was also an
obvious air of "personal" venom that came through his messages. Not unlike the CoC establishing that a member can be deemed to interfere
with a "sales" thread, I as well as many others didn't believe that he should be allowed to spit his venom in a thread where it
didn't belong. I therefore "ask" the administration if his, as well as my posts could be removed to keep the positive on track.
There is nothing discussed between this member and I that hadn't already been discussed amicably. For everyone to continue
to read, with the exception of a typo misunderstanding that sent this guy into a frenzy. When I am faced with a combative
individual, I tend to give it right back. Right or wrong, it is in my nature. BUt as you pointed out, when folks are happy, they
sing praises. When they're upset, they express their frustrations. This isn't a whole lot different in, that I won't be recognized
for "keeping the peace" in that thread, yet chastised when I combatively defend myself. If you look through the rest of the
thread, I have been as diplomatic as one could be given the circumstances. Yet, this is the very first thing that you want to bring
back to the forefront, my not treating my customers with respect. When actually, I HAVE been treating "CUSTOMERS" with
respect. I've not shown my frustration with anyone, since we started anew. And for the very reason you are drawing attention
back to this. Because my "CUSTOMERS" don't deserve that.

There was a lot of excitement and confusion when the GMH run started. and let's face it, greed .. when this was all first launched in Oct. 2010. There were a lot of questions that had to be answered, a lot of organizing that had to be done, and did I mention, a lot of confusion?

This project grew, until it became bigger than me. I have been the first to concede to this on many occasions. I've seen large runs come and go, I've spear headed large runs of my own. I've seen them go south and fall apart, and I've seen success. Not once, in a decade has any one of my own, failed. I have always completed the task, and we've all moved on to better, fresher things. This run is no different. it has had it's share of up's and downs and turmoil. It wasn't the smoothest run I've ever had by any means. It was bumpy as hell. And no one, yet to this day can acknowledge that there may have been good reason for this even through the months of my having hinted as much as I could that it was for a good reason. That if people just trust me and give it time, it would all be understood. It has been ignored. I got called out by newer folks telling me I hadn't earned THEIR trust yet. Fair enough. I hit that head on as well. And through it all, I still saw it to the finish line, and you folks are getting what you paid for. A GMH Replica Helmet. I have to stand firm to, trust earned. Yet, for the last 6-8 weeks, I'm still getting bombarded with drama around every corner in spite of it. If I could turn back the clock, I can honestly say that I would have declined involvement in this project, no matter how cool the artifact was being provided to the community.

In regard to this "bait and switch" that I keep getting accused of, that needs to be laid to rest once and for all. There was no bait and switch. There wasn't a change in the program in the middle of the ball game. There were folks that got machine rotocast helmets even in the early stages of this project. What I'm guilty of is never having specified EXACTLY how these were to be made in the first place. I addressed this all in the new GMH thread. And I would kindly ask that it not keep being shoved in my face. The fact is, I never advertised for anything other than "Helmet Shell, and resin ear caps".

What I find bewildering is though, that all of this already having been hashed out in the GMH thread seems redundant here, and not what the topic of THIS thread was about either? So why is it that it's being entertained HERE when the fact remains that this is about a member that had absolutely no stake in the GMH as a customer, flamed a thread, got everyone upset including myself, and at the end says "I know I didn't belong here, I've said what I had to say and I won't be mucking about this thread anymore" ? For him to start yet another flame thread directed at me as well as the administration calling everyone a favoritist and a liar ? This is trolling. In my time here, whenever the administration makes a ruling on anything, it stands and to
take direct shots at the administration is an offense against the CoC? But because there seems to be unresolved "personal issues" not related to the GMH or any other part of my business that has migrated here it seems to be ok? Another gang pile thread.

I don't know what else exactly that I can type to express that the feeling is, it was already aired out in the GMH thread. People had ample time to contribute. And still do. If they are a customer and it pertains to a GMH. No one else did. In private messaging alone, I've received nothing but support on my behalf, and praise for my products, new and old (in relation to the GMH specifically during this same period). There are exactly 3 members who are displeased in total. Out of more than 100. Why is it that Darthveach would be allowed to detract from this. and worse, continue on in a different thread after already having had his say for everyone to read anyway?

At this point, I COMPLETELY RETRACT MY STATEMENTS ABOUT LEAVING TDH. In my true to form hot headedness I don't think I completely thought that one through. I've been out with the Flu the whole week, and still shipping items. It's not been a period of total lucidity for me. On second thought, my leaving TDH at THIS time, could invoke a lack of confidence in me, and my fulfilling my obligations. And that is the last thing I would want to do for my customers. I have edited my last post to reflect this. Until my current business has been tied up, I will stand with my customers to the finish and will re-evaluate later.

Brian, you tell me you've been there and done that, and learned from your mistakes. Well, this is happening to ME right NOW. And I'm trying to have the same chance TO LEARN from the mistake as you have, without one obstacle after another , every other day.
I have already said, openly, and publicly in the old GMH thread, that I will NOT be making this same mistake again. EVER. The way I conduct my business will not be far from the way you conduct yours. There were other circumstances that forced me into this situation. So let me recover from it and make good on my obligations without having to fight every step of the way :cheers

Chris

What is it with bad mouthing people and not expecting retaliation? This stuff is almost reminding me of people on the FISD arguing about armor.

There are plenty of satisfied people, and as we know there are also un satisfied people. Hes openly stated his flaws hes trying to sort things out for everyone, given a year warranty on the new helmets, and any other roto items going out because he backs the stuff with his word. No one says I must have a Fiberglass jetpack in fact most of you go with the MOW which isnt FG at all.

Typical Fettpride...no one is allowed to voice an opinion in his threads with out him getting his ego bent out of shape, but feel free to have your multi page rants in MY thread. Is there any balance? All about you brother, we know the drill by now.

Brian - I appreciate your professionalism and respect that you took what I had to say to heart and understood that my points were valid. That means a lot.

Fettpride, I would prefer you save your rants for your threads, as I am obviously not allowed to post in yours. Everything I said is true and you know it. And honestly, if you really feel like you are being "gang piled" as you put it, or mentioning in another thread that "this always happens" what does that tell you? What is the common denominator? Like it or not, you are the CAUSE of the strife that comes up in your threads. Others know it as well. And I will never name names, but trust that I have received MULTIPLE PMs from people who backed me on everything I said. I said nothing that was off the mark, I didn't stoop to personal insults like you did, I stated cold hard facts and you don't like the taste of truth. You are the one who takes things personally, not me. There is no personal "venom" as you put it. I just get tired of seeing injustice and nobody doing anything about it. So I said something. No I am not a customer, nor at this point will I ever be. I was pointing out reasons why I had completely changed my mind about ever doing business with you. I don't need your items so badly that I would go thru what other people have been going thru to get them. I can get them when the disappointed people get something that is way different than what they ordered. But that does not make my points any less valid. This is a public forum and I call people out on BS when I see it. Like I said, I was done saying what, for so long, needed to be said. And I am done now. But true to your form, I am sure you will have some 2000 word retort to this.

A 2000 word retort? Actually , I'd resigned myself to your not being worth the effort. In case you hadn't noticed, I've not been acknowledging you directly. However, I had a bit of an epiphany this evening that I'd certainly like to share.

Sure, pal ... this may be your thread, but it is a thread that you started to continue your tantrum from another thread (my thread) where you felt it necessary to stir the proverbial pot where you didn't belong. The difference is, I have a right to come into your thread to defend myself. When you came into mine, it was as a provoker, an agitator, an instigator.This is a typical narrow minded perspective that every single one of you trolls carry with you when you decide to attack me. If you think the rest of the board is blind to it, you're no different than the rest of them. The common denominator you speak of? You imply it's me. When really, it's the same every time. It's always one person (like yourself) that's so obviously bitter with me for reasons unrelated to any particular topic at hand, that you end up making an utter fool of yourself with a rant that becomes a full on assault on the senses. It's always over the top, dramatic, and so utterly personal that anyone can see through it right through it.

And my mistake every time this happens, is addressing a single individual like yourself as if you're the sole spokesman for the rest of the community, in essence formatting my responses and defenses as if I were lashing out at the entire collective community as a whole. For the first time in a decade, I just realized this. And to the rest of the community, I sincerely apologize. The truth is, the common denominator is always one troll that hides behind a diluted typical oppressed freedom fighter mentality ..."I call it as I see it", or "I am not afraid to speak the truth", or "I take a stand for the underdog". A real self proclaimed crusader you are. Every time this happens, you are always the only one that can stand up to "fettpride" when everyone else is afraid to do so, to say what YOU feel everyone else has been wanting to say. It has been a pattern for 10 long, grueling years. And Brian was right. This is what comes with being a public persona. There will always be one or two around every corner that want to spit and flap about their distain for me. And it's usually out of some form of jealousy. Now, this is me, saying what others have been wanting to say for years as well.

It sickens me, that I've acted the way I have at times like this, treating the entire community as if they've all spoken through the pathetic keyboard muscles of someone like yourself. You want to buck heads with me? Put your keyboard away. Man up, and give me a call sometime. My phone number is posted everywhere.

As typical as every other twin incident over the years, you're no different than every other antagonist. You use these forums as a personal platform and public call to arms. Always a smear campaign. But really, look at the involvement here in this thread. Or the last. Besides one other individual with a personal bone to pick with me, you are utterly alone. There has been no one else to come to your party. All that you've accomplished here is forcing me to a point of utter frustration with you, (an individual) and my blindly taking those frustrations out on a community that's done nothing but support me. Therefore, my making a complete and utter dramatic a$$ of "MYSELF". Because I let you press the appropriate buttons.

On second thought, I think I'd prefer that the administration restore your posts after all. Whereas I preferred the removal of trolling redundancy, I've decided that I actually think it would be better that it be immortalized for everyone to see. Why should you get a "get out of jail free card". Without your constructive contributions, all people will ever see is my looking like the tyrannical megalomaniac dipshit that you make me out to be. You stand on your own merits and contributions, just as I do.

Incidentally, you keep referring to your having been a constructive member here back in the days of old. Why is it you haven't shared your former board name?

Now, I'll take a page from your handbook. I've said what I needed to say. I'll not be mucking around here any further.

And again, to the membership : I sincerely apologize for my having let these incidents get under my skin so bad, that I've taken it out on you, those who read through these seemingly endless threads and posts and wonder, what the hell did I do to him? I truly am sorry.

I wish to add that I have read the GMH thread pretty much from start to end and any other threads (like this one) related to that. I've read all the frustration, anger and irritation that people have spoken. I've read threads on this forum long before I actually signed up and started posting. This still has not put off from ordering from fettpride. I may not yet have dealt personally with Chris, but I would not hesitate to do so. I already own a sidearm holster from fp which I'm very happy with and when it's time to upgrade my helmet GMH will be the logical choice. Fiberglass or not. You don't see any people complaining about the durability of MOW jetpacks and they are also rotocast resin. I can understand that people were expecting fiberglass and get upset when it isn't, but with all the experience FP has in the area, it's reasonable that he would only substitue fiberglass with something of equal or better durability.

Chris, its great to see you´re back on track again as before the GMH job. You´re posting again and I hope you´re answering your PMs again too. :)

I did apologize via PM but I don´t know if I am on your "ignore-list" ... so you might haven´t read it.

I would like to talk about a small busines thing with you via PM so it would be great to hear from you!

Thanks a lot.

Manuel

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back