The Clone Wars - Death Watch Night Owl

Grimsg

New Hunter
Hey all,

Ever since I saw the design for Bo Katan as well as the other Night Owl Death Watch girls, I made up my mind that I WANT TO COSPLAY THIS.

With AMAZING support from the Mandalorian costume community, I must say, you guys are really SO PASSIONATE in making all this AWESOME stuff to make people's costume dreams come true

I chose not to do Bo Katan cause I feel I'm not worthy to be her either lol and chose to be a regular DW Night Owl grunt.

So I ordered a bunch of stuff in the mail from truly AMAZING people in the community. photos below

553257_10151431509325612_608475611_23583289_873173003_n.jpg

First came the helmet. Made by Falin Skirata. Excellent stuff, expertly done. I have to cut out the visor hole and insert a black visor cuz I can't see nothing out of it currently. Will also have to put a head cushion in it so its comfortable to wear and probably fans so I don't collapse from lack of air.

375601_10151431505725612_608475611_23583261_1783749656_n.jpg

Gauntlets came next. Made by Jaiden Turr'n Verda. I gotta do some trimming and trick out the small parts so that it looks good. I'll have to study the male Death Watch guys for the gauntlet ref. They have like a blade bit, a gun bit and an electric lasso thing

gauntlet.jpg

Yesterday I received this AMAZING jetpack. Bought from Man Of War Studios on Ebay. It is HEAVY. It's basically the Jango Fett arena backpack cause it pretty much looks the same as the ones the DW guys wear. You know, same time period sorta.

533420_10151431505535612_608475611_23583258_580431259_n.jpg

I will definitely have to use some sort of strap rig to attach it to myself. Initially I thought 'oh industrial velco will be ok' At how heavy this thing is, that won't stay.

And this morning, in the mail, came my lovely Death Watch blasters made by Wood Chuck. Love em. Beautiful craftmanship and you feel awesome when you hold them. I had to contact Singapore customs if this was ok to bring in and they were totally cool with it because its made of wood, doesn't look like a real gun and it doesn't fire anything. Went through safely and got it all bubble wrapped and untouched.

385651_10151431572920612_608475611_23583598_2107508916_n.jpg

I'm awaiting a bolo belt and the compartment belt to arrive soon. In the mean time, will have to look for a pair of boots, get like the long sleeve turtleneck, pants and some gloves. Also will have to get a shirt to wear on top of the turtle neck. Man, crazy! Designs attached. Am waiting for someone to develop the armor pieces for the chest, torso and legs.

546596_10151431538425612_608475611_23583418_342530968_n.jpg

Keep you guys posted in any updates...

Man, I really gotta figure out how to put all this stuff together.

Hey all, its been slooowww cause I've been waiting for people to make the armor bits before I actually start work on this.

The bolo belt I ordered arrived bout a month ago. it looks like this:

599806_10151946131590612_99735219_n.jpg

The good news is PEOPLE HAVE MADE ARMOR!! Mandalorian Arsenal has just made the armor for female mandos which you can customize to your needs. I'll be ordering a kit from him fo sure

And also I just found out that Cruzer has made a new jetpack for the Night Owl..so.. unfortunately gotta sell off the jango jet pack now..

And also I just found out that Cruzer has made a new jetpack for the Night Owl..so.. unfortunately gotta sell off the jango jet pack now..

I was going to ask how big the jetpack on you was since I know how big MoW's jetpack is and you looked pretty petite in your pic,lol It's great Bo Katan is becoming a hit with female fans, even my fiance is looking into starting one. Good luck with your progress and I hope to learn what I can during your build as well.

this is awesome that there's such a good variety of Deathwatch ers.
just a question though... is this 501st approvable?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing the same armor and this helped me out a lot. Thanks for posting!

This looks to be an older thread. The girth belt and the pack are both incorrect for this character to meet the CRL (in progress). The pack and belt will be identical to Bo Katan, minus the paint scheme.

Nice, just seen the helmet and thought... I wonder if any one is going to make a Sabine from rebels as she has the exact same helmet shape

Nice, just seen the helmet and thought... I wonder if any one is going to make a Sabine from rebels as she has the exact same helmet shape
sabine's helmet is very different from the night owl. the eyes of the visor are at a different angle. the cheeks have a gentle curve on sabine, and not an actual indent. and the ears are different creatures entirely. also, this thread is way old and for some reason was dug up in december.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back