Tommy's Jango Fett WIP, Questions and Help me thread.

TommyFett

Jr Hunter
Hurrah! My first piece came in today. (Helmet) (Thank you so much Kurtyboy) So I'm going to list out my "shopping list". I've been looking around the forums and have found suppliers for a lot of items. I'm going to list them out and hopefully get some feedback if I'm making a mistake, or could be pointed in the best direction to complete my costume. (also listing my budget for each item. I do plan on submitting this to the 501st. Anything marked completed I have obtained - the rest is open.

1. HELMET: Kurtyboy - $175 *****COMPLETED*****
2. FLIGHTSUIT: Custom by me- $65 **** COMPLETED *****
3. FLACKVEST: $360 Bobamaker ***********COMPLETED**********
4. GLOVES: Custom made by me, real leather $10 ****COMPLETED******
5. GAUNTLENTS: $500 Cruzer ************COMPLETED*********
6. CHEST AMOR: Ebay - $65 ******COMPLETED********
7 BACK ARMOR: Ebay $60 *************COMPLETED***********
8. SHOULDER BELLS: ***********COMPLETED**********
9. COD: Ebay **************COMPLETED**************
10:THIGH ARMOR: **********COMPLETED***********
11.SHIN ARMOR: *********COMPLETED***********
12.BOOT ARMOR: ********COMPLETED**********
13. HOLSTERS: $60 Hand made leather by me ******************COMPLETED************
14. AMMO BELT: *******COMPLETED******** $50 Ebay
15.GIRTH BELT: Tlobe - Dented helmet ************COMPLETED**********
16.BOOTS: Buffalino SENTINEL Boots: $80 Ebay. ***COMPLETED****
17.ARENA PACK: $170, UNPAINTED / EBAY *****COMPLETED****
18.WESTAR PISTOLS: resin Replicas $75 ******COMPLETED******
19. Knee Armor: *******COMPLETED******* $100 Cruzer
20. JET PACK HARNESS: Man of War - $75 *****COMPLETED******
21: KNEE ROCKETS: ********COMPLETED********** $60 Dark side

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything. I know I have small amounts of work I need to do for a lot of items, such as buying paint etc...

Any help with the ????? would be so much appreciated.

Here is a pic of the Helmet that arrived today. Snug fit, but it fits. I'm going to add the mesh for the back vent, some padding (what do you suggest for padding and where do I get it, also what glue would you recommend.) possibly a fan. I'm not going to do the skirt, as people complain about the heat and oxygen being a issue.

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
In my humble opinion....

Armor = CRUZER or BOBAMAKER
Arena Pack = Man of War or BFUK
Gauntlets = CRUZER
Holsters = CRUZER

Don't forget to add your KNEES to the list. WELCOME and GOOD BUILDING!!

I would recommend Cruzer for the gauntlets too. If you look through my build you will see that I rely heavily on Cruzer. He does great work and is a good guy too. I bought some items from Bobamaker too, he was good to work with. My only issue with Bobamaker was that the volcano was erupting in Iceland and it slowed down the shipping. I doubt that the volcano will be erupting again though so he should be good to go.

On the JP I agree with MOW and BFUK. BFUK is a bit more screen accurate. I troop with a MOW pack however and I love it.

And most of all........feel free to post or PM any questions. There are plenty of Jangos here willing to help.

Gauntlets, Thigh, Shin, Boots armor & holster from Cruzer.... You won't go wrong with that! :lol:

Remember to add in those small parts on the Gauntlets (Darts, Rocket, Kamino saber dart), you can get it accurate from DarkSide too :)

Those sold fast! Would have loved the shoes, but they were not my size. I will be ordering my shoes from Crow. I just got a sweet deal on an Arena Jet pack, I'll post pics when it comes in. (It's unpainted, but it will be fun painting and learning weathering techniques. I know there's a ton of resources on here for that.)

Ahh, so you're the one who out bid me on the Arena pack! Congrats, it was a great deal! I want a Kamino pack more, but I saw it at that price and figured why not. Good deal, for sure!

Ha! I woke up at five in the morning to do the final bidding on the pack. Sorry about that eopie herder. I Did get a photo of the back of the pack, I noticed only two close vertical slots for the harness, so I may need to do some cutting work. I'm not familiar with an arena pack, and don't know if that's just "how they are made". I also didn't see the curved top on the pack from the angle of his photos, so I asked for a photo of the back. 2012-02-23_20-43-34_973.jpgWe have so many Boba's in my local 501st, I decided to go Jango, so I really wanted a different pack to distinguish myself.

Yeah, don't worry...I wasn't upset. I like the arena pack okay, but still prefer the Kamino one and that's what I had planned for my Jango. This one would have been an extra, so to speak. Good luck on painting, I can't wait to see how it looks!

No clue on the origin of the pack. At some point I will get a Kamino pack. But for now, I'm trying to save on costs as much as possible and this was a good deal. I'll check out your link Mullreel.

Buffalino Sentinel Boots came in today. Size 10.5, fits perfectly. (depending on the shoe I take either a 10.5 or 11) The boot is amazingly comfortable. I'll have to dye the yellow stripe and yellow trim. I'm thinking of just using some fabric paint, what do you think? I'll remove the laces and replace them with elastic cords (two rings in one of the pictures), those are two hair thingees my daughter uses to put her hair in a pony tail. (I don't know what they are called) I'll then paint the swoops with silver.. then mount the armor once I get the armor.
Here are some close up pics for all those interested.
photo (6).jpgphoto (12).JPGphoto (13).jpgphoto (14).JPGphoto (15).jpgphoto (16).jpgphoto (17).JPGphoto (18).JPGphoto (6).jpg

On the arena packs they usually have a door that can be taken off to access the inside of the pack. You will need two horizontal slots cut up higher than the slots that are there now. Maybe you can cut out a square door in the middle of the pack. It won't be seen when you have it on. That way you could access the inside of the pack. The other thing you could do is rivet on some straps to the pack. Although I would highly recommend reinforcing the inside where you are going to put the rivets with a piece of sheet metal or something like that so that you don't crack the jp over time. You would still need access to the inside of the jp for that so either way you may have to make a door in it.

For the shoes you can try fabric paint. Sometimes it has a hard time adhering, so you may have to use some shoe polish or regular paint. I second the rub n buff for the accents. I have had it on my boots for a couple of years without having to touch it up.

FettFanatic: How would I secure the door once it is cut? Also, do you know approximately what size I should cut? Small, medium or large door? Oh, and one more, any idea of what tool I should use to cut it with? Thanks, sorry for all the questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on how you want to attach your straps. If you are going to just rivet them to the jp then the door would just have to be big enough for you to get your hand through. If you want to route the straps into the jp and attach them to something inside the pack then the door may have to be a little bigger. I would tape off the area and use a dremel with a cutoff wheel to cut out the door. If the door is small you might not even have to put it back on since that side of the jp will be sitting against the backplate. If you want to put it back on you could use magnets or velcro or go more elaborate if you want.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back