Has anyone ever purchased from this site? (another Star Fortress Productions thread)

TommyFett

Jr Hunter
New in town, just started working on a Jango Fett Costume. I came across this site and wondered if anyone has ever ordered from it, or heard about their quality of work. Thanks in advance for the help!

Jango Fett Costumes

starfortresspeductions dot com (in case the URL doesn't show)

Tom

Search "star fortress" in the search box above. There are many threads detailing the bad experiences and even thefts people have experienced at the hands of that company. Stay away and buy on TDH. Your wallet and finished costume quality will thank you in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
no one should ever buy from them.

not only stay away because of all the reasons you will find but also...........the stuff is also VERY inaccurate.

I love how the helmet has a "snorkel"

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you guys are hinting at here. I wish someone would give me a straight answer.

lol. Thanks for the advice. I suspected as much, from the website itself.. it looked like it was designed on a commodore 64. I'll stick to continue purchasing my items from the forums, and perhaps bobamaker.

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my wallet.

Tom

Yeah, you can find everything you need for an accurate and cheaper Fett, here on TDH.

Because veterans know how many times we've discussed this topic, don't be rude to newcomers that's not what this forum is about

Your points make no sense because when you don't know something is when you use the search function, and I'm one of the veterans who help the most to the noobs. Also, I'm not being rude because the question had already been answered before my post.

Was the comment necessary to be put in a sarcastic tone though that was the reason I even commented not every newbie knows that this topic has been brought up countless times in the past. I'm not attacking you just raising a question towards the reaction you had to the OP

NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

A friend of mine ordered a complete Jango from this Site

AND IT WAS TOTALY PHOKEN S**T!!!!

1. It looks only good on pictures of the site
2. the sizes seems to relate with Philipinos or Malaysians but not with larger EU or US
3. The "personal measured to you" is a hoax
4. the ready to wear is a lie
5. Most armor parts are flimsy, thin and break while looking at them
6. The used Fabric and pleather has the quality of recycled garbagebags
7. The placement of the Velcro must be placed by blind people
8. velcro quality is also utter garbage
7. Gaunttubes are to short and Gaunts will never seal

and here some images.

vorhern.jpg

wassollendieselocherber.jpg

sowieesist.jpg

It took further 200$ just for the Material to increase the Plates so that they wont break that easily

Here a pic after i finished the workover
oldcomparedtonew.jpg

Except chestplates and knees, every other plate was about 0,3mm thin.

Wow, those are some pics.

In reply to the "noobs not using search" I actually use it a lot, and have started making purchases through the forum. I was going to look them up, but with a store, things could change, get better, get worse... I wanted updated information. I knew someone would call me out on not taking the effort to search the forum. It wasn't about lack of knowledge of how to operate the site, it was just about getting some updated information.

I also feel like a voyeur at times, as I'm always looking up stuff and reading and not interacting with people that much, so I decided to engage in dialogue and get to know some people with Fett-ish like mine.

Here is a smiley face to let you all know how friendly and cool I am: :)

One thing I would recommend to you as you do your searches is to look up some of the Jango WIP threads from days gone by. There are several really good ones out there. I know in mine I have a list of the parts I used and you can see some parts that I bought and later upgraded or changed out because of lessons learned.

Some of the WIPs go quick like Sandysith, some take a while like mine ( a bit over a year). If you are doing your own paint apps Saintnasty has some good tutorials. Seeker has some good pics to see how things are done.

Feel free to ask what ever questions come up. I know I certainly don't mind answering Jango questions, although sometimes my answers are a link to a thread that contains the answers. One nice thing about the search function is that you sometimes find answers to questions you haven't thought of yet.

Thanks Mullreel, I was about to inquire about painting, I appreciate the link. I was almost tempted to try pepakura and making my own armor... but I'd rather spend my time working and making money. Once I hire some employees, I'll have more time to be creative on my own. But it looks like when I purchase I'll have to do some painting. Also a side note: Noobs like me have to make about five posts before we get full access. I still cant post on a thread where I purchased a piece yet. (Did it over PM, sent the money a couple of days ago, still haven't heard back.. not worried.. yet. It's only $160.. but still.)

Gosh darnnit if after all this you buy from fortress Im gonna come over and kick you in the junk. I bought before I even knew this page or the 501st existed, you wanna see complete ****? check THIS out, this is the complete Boba I bought right from the box.... alongside a photo of my new suit after changing it out, SFP

fettcomparison.jpg

Cost of Original Suit........ $1800.00

Cost of Upgrades/ Replacements
Helmet with Paint (bobamaker) $800.00
Jetpack (BM) $600.00
Collar Armor (BM) $40.00
Toe Spikes (BM) $40.00
Shoulder (Unknown) $5.00
Gauntlets w/Paint (Wickedbeard) ( I may be a bit off as my memory is fuzzy, wickedbeard if I am wrong let me know) $400.00
Chest/ Ab Plates (wickedbeard) $200.00
Vest (BM) $150.00
Jumpsuit (Ladysewforus) $100.00
Gloves (Old BM) $20.00
Boots (CABoots) $90.00
Ammo Belt (Unknown) $20.00
EE3 Blaster (Unknown, but built from foam) $90.00
Girth Belt (Woodman) $55.00
Cape (Woodman) $35.00

Total Money into Suit To Date $4,445.00

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back