metallboys gauntlets n greeblies/using WOF'S prints.

METALLBOY

Well-Known Hunter
Hello my fellow TDH members its been a while since I've posted anything on these forums and once again I have returned to bring back a little fun to this by showing pics of the work we all love to do. I while back I made my first set of metal gauntlets ''without ever using blueprints'' however a was never completely pleased with them? So i decided to take on the project for the second time again but this time using WOF's amazing blueprints with slight modifications . I gotta admit WOF's blueprints are also the way to. I decided to make these gauntlets from aluminum sheet metal I had laying around and the greeblies were made completely from scratch parts like an aluminum pipe ,styrene, and steele putty brass and copper tubing from the arts store. The greeblies are not movie accurate but close enough. Overall I m happy with the results however in the near future a will upgrade the greeblies to the real deal. Well on with the pics!!! all comments are welcomed!

NOTE: The first 2 pics on the top left are my ''first set of old gauntlets''...

110.JPG

112.JPG

DSCF0710.jpg

DSCF0717.jpg

DSCF0718.jpg

DSCF0720.jpg

DSCF0722.jpg

DSCF0730.jpg

DSCF0809.jpg

DSCF0811.jpg

DSCF0771.jpg

DSCF0772.jpg

DSCF0871.jpg

DSCF0786.jpg

DSCF0875.jpg

DSCF1007.jpg

DSCF0887.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

DSCF1013.jpg

DSCF1015.jpg

DSCF1019.jpg

DSCF1043.jpg

DSCF1044.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF1050.jpg

I like the job you did on these! Reminds me of my old metal guants!

I've actually been tempted to try and make a pair again. I love the guants I have now but I wish they were a bit wider on my forearms. I was thinking of using 4" PVC as the base of the guantlets and sheet metal for the tops.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back