Vader Helmet Help!

FETT1010

New Hunter
Hi there dented helmet users,
I am looking to make/buy A Vader helmet kit, I do not have any preference to which movie
It would be for display mainly , but would properly be worn occasionally
Does anyone here know somewhere to go for Vader helmet kits, or if there are any tutorials on modding a existing helmet?

A long time star wars enthusiast,
Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy the new Limited Edition eFX helmet at the efxcollectibles webpage. You won't be able to get anything more accurate.

That one sadly Is far out of my price range, I'm looking for the more kit based, or unpainted Helms
Many thanks for the quick reply!

There is not actually any helmet being sold than the one on eBay. It's not awesomely accurate but not bad for a non Vader purist. kosmic-kustomz is the seller and he usually sells two helmets, one finished and one in kit form. The kit is around 350$ if I remember correctly.

Anyway, you should try a call at the RPF.

Star Wars DARTH VADER 1/1 Helmet Replica Resin Kit | eBay UK

I saw this, but too me it looks warped,
I am at the moment still a teen , so i do not have lots and lots of spare cash,
But I'm looking for a nice kit to make up and put on display in my room,
I've been a fan all my life and I want something that will look the part,
Many thanks for the advice

I am also in the UK and most costumers seem to be selling from the usa,

Lee,

It's a Sgt. Fang helmet, don't buy it, it's not worth the money. I'm 19 years old so I know what you mean about the cash... If I were you I would do one thing. You should teach yourself about Vader helmets, starting with the Star Wars Helmets wepage and also The Prop Den forums, and while learning you'll be saving up some $. This way you will know what are you buying, what are you spending your money on and also what you should look for.

I modified the "talking vader helmet" that they sell for $45 at Toys R Us for my girlfriend. I actually got one on ebay for $10 + $8 shipping! It's small (like my modified Rubies Fett helmet), but it fits her fine and I can wear it but it's a little tight. I repainted the "mask" with gloss black and gunmetal (rustoleum metallic charcoal) and used bondo and aluminum signs to make the "helmet" part bigger and wider. I also cut the wire from the mic, spliced an RCA jack securely in the helmet and put a longer wire and RCA plug coming off the box so you could wear one without the other and it would still work. Oh yeah, and I cut out the blue and red squares on the chest box and replaced em with colored film and wired up flashlight bulb behind em.

I need to get her to bring it back over so I can take more pictures. The biggest problem is the sloppy job I did on the inside of the helmet, and the amount of material I used. You can tell in this pic, she's holding her head forward because the back is much heavier than the front.

star-wars-costumes.jpg

At my Star Wars party the other day, three guys showed up wearing the store bought helmet and hers was bigger and more masculine than all of em!

I've also seen some pretty decent modification jobs done with the Rubies Supreme Vader Helmet. It takes a significant amount of mods, but it can be done. You would also be learning a lot about working with helmets, bondo, a dremmel, etc. in the process. KaanE was correct though, you should definitely get up-to-speed on all of the different options out there while saving some $$. Good Luck!!

Jinto... that's a $1 flashlight from Walmart on the left gauntlet. I thought the rocket was a little out of my price range when I started on the suit, and haven't gotten around to replacing that!

I agree with OBrotherRacing - I think the learning experience I got while building my gauntlets and that Vader helmet is priceless. I could have spent $110 on a Vader helmet, but instead I spent $18 on the helmet, $4 for two aluminum signs, $9 for a can of bondo, $9 for 2 cans of spraypaint, and $70 for the dremmel (actually borrowed one last year when i built the gauntlets). And that prepared me to work on a lot of other projects afterwards.

You can mod a rubies Vader supreme and get it to be pretty nice. I myself made vader helmets but no longer make them. I JUST sold my molds to ASOK so you may want to contact him, although not sure if he is offering them yet.

here is a rubies supreme i had modded, these are clickable thumbnails:
th_vaderplastic-1.gif

th_vaderplastic2-1.gif

th_vaderplastic3-1.gif

Here is a coupleof helmets i made with the molds i have sold to ASOK:
ANH
ANH.gif

ESB
vader1.gif

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back