peeling paint

Escher

Active Hunter
Is there a trick to not getting paint that isnt supposed to come off when you pull back the frisket after everything has dried to not peel off with the frisket (esp. in the fine detail areas?) I'm airbrushing my layers on and letting everything dry for 24 hours but when it comes time to pulling off the frisket...not only does the frisket come off but so does a majority of paint that was untouched by the frisket...most discouraging.

If anyone can help me with this issue I'd love to hear how you got around this.
James

scratchmq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Sorry for quality but...the silver lump there is supposed to be much more jagged with nooks and crannies and less like a blob.
The grey is humbrol #79 using Terminal Fettler's tut. It is acrylic and I just realized this doesnt really happen when I use enamel so I think that is probably why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I have noticed that with acrylics where is does not stick well to the enamel to avoid that I usually try to seal the layer in between with a clear coat.

Grafix frisket. I think Jinto nailed it though, tried a test strip and the enamel performs better than the acrylic when peeling back the frisket. Thanks for the help guys!

What kind of silver are you using? Sometimes paint can be tricky sticking to some metallic paints and will flake off, so I usually use a clear coat on top of silver before I do any actual masking.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back