Sign-up for vacuformed "budget" armor kits

Rimshot

Active Hunter
Hey All, I have dusted off my old molds, and am just seeing if there is any interest in my "budget" vacuform armor anymore.

All armor is vacuformed from .060 styrene for a balance between detail, durability, and affordability. I have also improved my vac forming setup so the pulls will be even better than before.

All armor comes unassembled and rough trimmed (meaning there will be flashing to remove). Armor shown here has been trimmed (and knees and gauntlets assembled) to show what the final product will look like.

Any dents or damage can be added easily by applying heat to the backside of the armor, and pressing objects into the top side.

Also, I will only ship within the contiguous U.S. No shipping to other countries at this time.

sign-up-vaccuformed-budget-armor-kits-chest_armor.jpg-49597

Chest Armor (4 pieces): $35 shipped
1. Vegan Mando - shipped
2. billy1776 - shipped

sign-up-vaccuformed-budget-armor-kits-collar.jpg-49599

Collar Armor: $15 shipped
1. Bill - shipped
2. Vegan Mando - shipped
3. billy1776 - shipped

sign-up-vaccuformed-budget-armor-kits-shoulders.jpg-49598

Shoulder Bells: $15 shipped
1. Vegan Mando - shipped

sign-up-vaccuformed-budget-armor-kits-cod.jpg-49600

Codpiece: $20 shipped
1. Bill - shipped
2. Vegan Mando - shipped

sign-up-vaccuformed-budget-armor-kits-knees.jpg-49601

Knee Armor (3 pieces per knee): $35 shipped
1. Bill - shipped
2. Vegan Mando - shipped

sign-up-vaccuformed-budget-armor-kits-gauntlets.jpg-49596

ROTJ Style Gauntlet kit (7 pieces): $75 shipped

Gauntlets without Flamethrower housing (5 pieces): $65 shipped
1. whitecommando - shipped

Package deal (includes one of each set above): $175 shipped
1. scuba2006 - (free bonus items) - paid
2. Ogait-Nas - (free bonus items) - paid
3. Ogait-Nas - (free bonus items) - paid
4. Kord - paid

Package deal (includes one of each set above MINUS ROTJ flamethrower housing): $165 shipped

Please post here if interested in any of these kits, and I will get you added to the list. I look forward to helping the community again, and rebuilding my name as a quality seller with a quality product.

Thanks,
Rimshot

gauntlets.jpg

chest_armor.jpg

shoulders.jpg

collar.jpg

cod.jpg

knees.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The lack of dents should make these kits perfect for the custom mandos! Welcome back to TDH :)

GCNgamer128 - I actually used to have dents on my molds years a go, and filled them partially for that reason. Since there are already plenty of great Boba specific armor out there, I thought I would offer something that gives people options :)

redkraytdragon - Thanks for the kind words, they are much appreciated!

As an added bonus to get things rolling . . .

The first 3 slots for the Complete package will also receive a set of the new resin extras I am working on absolutely free! These will include a set of knee darts, the hose block for the right gauntlet, and a gauntlet rocket for the left gauntlet.

These will only be offered with the first 3 complete package orders as a free bonus, and will be available for purchase for everyone else later on.

The first slot is already filled, so that leaves two more slots that will receive the bonus items :)

I have been asked by a couple others as well. I only stated I would ship within the U.S. due to the high cost of shipping overseas not making it very cost effective for buyers. International rates have gotten pretty crazy here recently.

If you PM me your location I can do a price check on shipping for you. Then you can decide if you think the cost is worth it :)

Not meaning to be a policeman but please keep in mind of other reasons he didn't really want to go down the international route again.
It's Rims call but I don't think this should open a floodgate of international shipment requests.

Thanks Muad'Dib. I don't mind an occasional overseas order if it is a larger order, and I hate to make it seem unfair like that. The problems that arose before was due to me not quoting high enough shipping prices for overseas orders, and then losing money on transactions. Due to the size of several of the items I make, the boxes have to be larger, and part of overseas costs is the size of the package. Small orders aren't really cost effective to ship overseas for either myself or the buyer.

If any overseas customers are interested in buying a full package, I would be willing to ship those overseas provided the customer pays all additional shipping costs (which I will quote you before purchasing).

But as Maud'Dib said, please do not flood me with requests to ship one or two items overseas, as it really isn't worthwhile. I hate to exclude people like that, but for the sake of my keeping my business up and to avoid headaches it has to be that way. Thank you for understanding.

Id be interested in a full set for a custom im slowly working on. BUT not right now. As long as all go well with these orders (and i sure they will, i myself am adapting similar methods to keep from falling behind) will you take orders randomly? I should have cash around mid febuary.

Absolutely.
At least for now get your rep back up and then decide where to go from there. You've said you've realized you set your shipping too low back then so now you know to take it into account.

Best of luck!

Darth Voorhees - Yes, I plan to continue to offer the armor regularly. I just wont take payments too far ahead so I dont overwhelm myself. Just get with me when you are ready for a set and I can either get going on your set right away if I have the space, or put you on the list to get to soon.

Muad'Dib - Yes, I'm trying to take it somewhat slow to start. I want to make sure I dont bite off more than I can chew at one time. The pace may pick up some in the future if my new system works well, and since I've reworked my vac table to be more efficient timewise as well.

I am probably going to keep the "first three to buy full packages get bonus items" offer going through the weekend, and then I may end that offer. Better act fast if you want the bonus items :)

how large are the guants?

Well, I made them bigger than "movie sized" so they would fit a larger range of people (myself included). My forearms are a little over 12" around at the biggest point, and they fit me. They could actually go a little larger than that depending how you attach them. They can also adjust down smaller as well to fit smaller arms.

I've decided to end the "free bonus items with full package purchase" deal tonight at midnight (EST). I've had several inquiries about the full package but no confirmations yet, so there are still two slots up for grabs.

Now we reaLly need to work some thing out , A whole kit MAN im so in , We really need to talk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back