New members, please read!!! From a relative newbie

stevenlramga

Active Hunter
I joined TDH in Aug 2010 when a friend introduced me to it. I had purchased a Rubie's Supreme Edition Boba Fett earlier in the year, and was TOTALLY dissatisfied with it. I am currently in the slow process of building a proper Fett. Unfortunately, due to work commitments I was relatively inactive until about October 2010. In that time, I have now had two instances where I went through sellers outside of TDH to get products for my Fett that I am slowly trying to build. Here are lins to the threads about both of these instances:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/beware-ebay-seller-predalien64-house-shadow-wolf-ltd-39905/

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/caboots-now-made-suede-39285/

Bottom line here is this: if you want something that someone will easily recognize as Boba Fett, but may not be screen accurate and may be cheap, then by all means, order outside of the Forum. But if you want quality and screen accuracy, PLEASE learn from my mistakes and stick with sellers from TDH. Just remember that the process may take time, because alot of the guys on here work from their garages, or are the sole operator of their businesses. Things do come up periodically with them that cause delays. Also remember this:

Things can be fast, things can be cheap, and things can be accurate. However, if it is fast and cheap, it probably won't be accurate. If it is fast and accurate, it probably won't be cheap. And if it is accurate and cheap, it probably won't be fast.

I hope my mistakes will help to guide other newcomers to the Fett community in a direction that will avoid pitfalls, setbacks, and financial losses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey stevenlramga- Man thats a bummer! Ya, I ended up on this site for a Rubies Vader mod and it was the best thing I ever did...and expensive as well as I started a jango build : ) LOL! But yes...without scrutinizing other companies tdh is is the only way to go. Hands down! Keep positive and just embrace the community here and youll be taken care of.
B

I love your incorporation of the "impossible triangle"....so true, though.
"newbies" take heed.....words of wisdom!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back