TDH scrolling and gallery

Devilstar2k2

Active Hunter
I've been away from TDH for a while and now the site is a bit different... When I scroll, its really choppy. What can I do to fix this on my end?

Also, do I need to register another account to upload to the gallery? I tried my user sn and it didnt allow me to log in.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Regarding the choppy scrolling, what's your OS version and web browser/version?

The forums have a background that's a fixed position, i.e. doesn't scroll with the rest of the page. Safari and Firefox seem to have some scrolling performance issues with fixed backgrounds.

Sreen rezz? im running a 27 inch dell at 2560x1440 and i get a bit of chop everynow and then, i also see that when i try to get my friends list up it refuses to show yet at work it screen rezz 1280x1024 and no issues, i could just cut it back rezz wise just to lazy LOL
OS is windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
intel i7 920 Do stepping @ 4gig, 12 gig Gskill Trident @ 1600, 2 x 5870 in crossfire, 2x 60 summit ssd in raid 0

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how comfortable you are working with Greasemonkey scripts, but you can disable the fixed position for backgrounds per-site like this:

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           Scrolling Background Fix
// @namespace      thedentedhelmet
// @description    Sets background position to scroll
// @include        http://*.thedentedhelmet.com/*
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle("html, body { background-attachment: scroll !important; }");

Which cleared up the choppy scrolling for me (huge difference), or you can disable it globally in Firefox by adding the following line to C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\whatever.default\chrome\userContent.css

Code:
html, body { background-attachment: scroll !important; }

Standard disclaimers apply, try at your own risk, etc.

(y)

Doubt it... I'm running a HD-5870 and i7 960.

wacky. i sort of figured that it would be a good system since you were hooked up to a 46" tv.

i'm running chrome on a 2.53 ghz core2 duo macbook pro with a geforce 9400m and everything is smooth as can be. i've also got a win7 64 bit laptop at work, so i'll try it out there, see if i have the same issue.

I'm not sure how comfortable you are working with Greasemonkey scripts, but you can disable the fixed position for backgrounds per-site like this:

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           Scrolling Background Fix
// @namespace      thedentedhelmet
// @description    Sets background position to scroll
// @include        http://*.thedentedhelmet.com/*
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle("html, body { background-attachment: scroll !important; }");

Which cleared up the choppy scrolling for me (huge difference), or you can disable it globally in Firefox by adding the following line to C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\whatever.default\chrome\userContent.css

Code:
html, body { background-attachment: scroll !important; }

Standard disclaimers apply, try at your own risk, etc.

(y)

Tried the second option... It didn't work...

So this is super old, but just in case anyone cares, I switched to Chrome and the scroll problem is gone. Must have been something in the old FF.

chrome is awesome. i've been running it for a few years now and imo, it's the best!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back