My dp 95

Tim Allen

Well-Known Hunter
Well I wanted to try and add a bit more flare to my white interior DP95. so I tryed a hot water technique and tryed heating it up other ways. It worked pretty well, got a little more flare out of it, but unfortuantly my paint job was ruined in the process. The paint chipped and cracked in major peices and in some spots smeared completely. I had a buddy of mine paint the bucket for me, so im pretty bummed that it was ruined, ARRR.....Well here what ive done so far, I sanded that baby back down and sprayed it metallic silver, but it looks aweful shiny to me. Tell me what you guys think of the silver and the flare ive added.(btw the masking job on that bucket is an old pic, im not doing ROTJ style anymore)
dp95close.bmp.png
dp95farbmp.png

looks good
don't worry about the shiny thing, remember you still cover with more paint, and the "metal" in the final product are very small, or just apply a lil sand and done :)

MY BEAUTIFUL PAINTJOB!!! YOU FIEND!!!! COUNTLESS HOURS OF PAINTING!!! ONLY ONE COAT IS SPRAY PAINT!! THE REST BY HAND!! AAGHGHGGHHHHHHH!!!! Well...YOUR LOSS...I guess I'll leave now, I accidently set my helmet on fire and gotta redo the paint on it.

Tim Allen wrote:

Well I wanted to try and add a bit more flare to my white interior DP95. so I tryed a hot water technique and tryed heating it up other ways. It worked pretty well, got a little more flare out of it, but unfortuantly my paint job was ruined in the process.

If it's not too late, here's a pretty helpful tutorial on how to get a little more flare out of your DP.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back