Adventures with the Rubies Fett jetpack...

UMD S4L

Active Hunter
Slowly but surely I am upgrading my Rubies Fett costume. Just as a re-cap, I’m poor and have always dreamt of having a life-size Boba Fett to call my own. Enter the Rubies costume which I found for about half price… A year later I am still working to make it look good… Here’s a link to my thread about the baby steps. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/my-wip-rubies-supreme-yea-i-know-i-lose-34933/
The next phase is the jetpack. This thing is a hot mess. When I received mine, it was cracked all along the top. Additionally, it’s warped beyond the point of me being willing to repair it. Basically, I want to try to make it look decent until I have the funds available to upgrade to a good one.
Step one, I had to fill the crack along the top with epoxy putty then sand the Dejesus out of it. Now at least it’s pretty smooth.

IMG00207-20100615-1718.jpg

Second was to use auto filler on the sides and once again sand them until smooth. It isn’t perfect but it’s a heck of a lot better than it had been.

IMG00419-20101005-1848.jpg

Third was to tackle the rocket… I’m going to remake the rocket but decided to keep the base vents. So first I used epoxy the glue it to the center tank then used the auto filler again to fill in the gaps. It’s already an improvement.

IMG00423-20101010-1737.jpg

IMG00425-20101010-1836.jpg

IMG00426-20101010-1920.jpg

Tonight, I sprayed it all with a base coat of paint. Tomorrow I’ll start taping it off and maybe construct the rocket. I’ll keep y’all posted.

IMG00429-20101011-2254.jpg

And yes, in the close up of my hand and vent, that is a Sega Dreamcast on my floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like you repainted it...i would recommend in the future trying your hand at using masking fluid to get the damage...it looks like you painted the silver on which IMHO looks just as bad as the rubies paint job...get the layered effect youll be happier with the pack...I know your finacially challenged or Id offer to paint it for you good luck

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back