A little rant!!

Army

Hunter
Ok so not sure if anybody cares our not if u dont thats ur choice but this is something I need to rant about.

Ok so I'm on TDH today and in the cargo hold and I see something that I'm intersted in maybe buying but there is no picture. (First let me say that I won't be saying any names our what the item was just wanted to rant a little thats all). Ok so I pm the seller in a timely fashion and they pmed me back in a timely fashion all is good. I go in to the ad and see that the seller has said that the item is on hold for me cool. I get a pm from the seller saying that a few people have offered payment without pic's but they were holding it for me to see pic's with in the next day our to because I was the first to pm them great. I thought everything was in agreement on both parts. Well I go eat dinner sit to watch a movie after the movie I jump on the old TDH and see that I have a pm. Well it's to let me know that the item has been sold .....what?? Someone offered the seller $15.00 more then what the seller was asking.

Ok now my only problem with this is that all I want'ed was one pic I'am a firm believer that if ur asking hundreds of dollars for something u should provide a pic that's not to much to ask.

And if u have told someone that u would hold it till u get a pic to them and an hour our two later u sell it to someone else for 15 more (come on really!!!) that soulds like a place for ebay.

Just pissed off when I try to get my name out there as being a respected buyer and I dill with sellers that won't be.(n)

Thanks for everyone's time..

Army

Yeah that's just bad form mate, most other forums I'm on you must have a photo of the item your selling.
And to then go sell it to someone because they offer a few extra $ is not just bad form on the sellers part but the buyers part as well.
If your told the item is being held for someone you don't go and offer more money you just tell the seller if it falls through that your very interested.
Shame on both the buyer and sell in this instance.

Bro you wont feel so bad when you find out that the seller was trying to pull a fast one and told you it was sold to keep from providing pics. This thing happens alot everywhere. The MR LE lid still has the pinched visor and you can spend $375 on a much better helmet.

Army,
I totally agree with you, you had an agreement and the seller broke it. For some reason I expect more from people on these kind of forums. I just don't understand some people morals. As Woodman said you've probably had a lucky escape.
Good luck,
Phil

hey thats capitalism for yer.
its happened to me on this very forum on more than one occasion with more than one respected member - but hey thats life.
is it bad form - only in the way business is often without ethics. sellers rights and all that.

still sorry it happened to yer mate, am I surprised? Nope. Is it dissapointing? Definately; esp.ly on a fourm which is meant to "feel like a family"

Nate

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back