Shaping Sintra

Jedi Bob

Well-Known Hunter
I have a piece of Sintra I need to shape for a butt plate.
What method is best for heating it up to be pliable enough?

Hot Water...hair Dryer...OVEN :angry ???

Any Ideas?

I also prefer the hot water method.. You just need yto have a container that is big enough.. I also haved used a heat gun with excellent results. You just have to be careful not to melt the sintra..

Erik

We've never used boiling water to shape sintra so we can't say how good it is. :facepalm

We have used a heat gun and have had excellent results.
However, if you decide to use a heat gun, be sure to heat the back side of the sintra and not the side you're going to see. The heat gun gives the sintra a weird texture.
Hope this helps. :)

Heat gun is like a blow dryer but much more powerfull, You can get one that does not blow hot air like a hair dryer does.

You can get a hot gun in most hardwarestores.

mobius wrote:

Heat gun is like a blow dryer but much more powerfull, You can get one that does not blow hot air like a hair dryer does.

You can get a hot gun in most hardwarestores.

Or you could get a Heat Gun from the local Walmart (where I got mine) for about $20-$25 in the hardware/paints area (it's cheaper than the hardware store...believe me!). Just remember to use it slowly and one step at the time. Do not rush on it, it could be a really "burning" pain if you're not carefull, not talking about the money invested in the sintra and the work to cut it in shape.

Robert

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back