Danakin\'s Custom Armor Progress *Updated 3/4*

D

DanakinSkywalker

Danakin's Custom Armor Progress *Updated 3/4*

Hey all. I've been working on my custom Mandalore quite a bit recently. You might have seen my helmet. Well I just got the chest armor mostly done, just a little roughing up to do. But I wanted to show you the basic design which I really hope is original.

jasterchest.jpg

I decided to place the bantha skull on the chest in an uber-Mandalore type style. I already have the skull tattooed on my shoulder, so I figured I'd put it somewhere else on the armor.

I'll update with more pictures when I finish more bits and pieces of my armor.

*Update 12/13* See below for pics.

NIIICCCEEE, dont think ive seen the skull on the chest before. Looks really good man, keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOOOHHHH MAN!!!! That looks pretty friggin cool!!! Kinda like the new Durge character LFL created for the clone wars cartoon huh??? Thats awesome!!! (y)

Jango's kid wrote:

Kinda like the new Durge character LFL created for the clone wars cartoon huh???

Yeah, I had this idea in mind shortly before I saw him in the comics. Needless to say I was a little bummed out that my cool new idea was already being put to use on someone else. Luckily for me his design was a different version of the skull. And hey, maybe my Mandalore was the reason Durge put the markings on his armor? That's the great thing about customs, you can do whatever you want.

dude, thats too cool!!!!

I LOVE IT!!

custom stuff rocks...

-i'd post pix of my custom here, but i am dumb when it comes to computers....i would know how to do it....i got a cheap digital camera, but no clue as to how to work it!!.....LOL!!

Looks great!

Can't wait to see it complete. Love the skull front, looks nice.

Nice job! When I saw Durge show up on Clone Wars with the older Journeyman Protector symbol on his chest, that gave me the idea of doing a custom like that in the way future. But your design came out GREAT my friend! Makes me want to start that idea up again :p

Keep up the good work buddy -

That is a really cool design Danakin!! (y)
Just wondering but how the heck did you even paint that skull on the chest? It looks very professional. :)
Keep up the great work and can't wait to see more progress. :D

BountyHunter185 wrote:

Just wondering but how the heck did you even paint that skull on the chest? It looks very professional.

First I made templates of the armor pieces out of paper. I drew the skull design on the templates, having to slightly change the shape (mostly the length). Then I cut out all of the pieces that would be red on the armor. After that I traced the outlines of the pieces on the actually armor itself (already painted silver). Then finally I masked off all the silver and sprayed it the dark red.

Thanks everybody! I really liked the way it came out myself.

Here's my gauntlets:
jastergauntlets.jpg

These gauntlets I got off of Ebay quite awhile back from journeymanprotector, I believe. They were originally an ESB green. The camera flash made the red look way too cartoony, it's really a dark red, same color as on the chest armor. Speaking of which, I took two pics of what all I have so far, take a look:
jasterall1.jpg

jasterall2.jpg

I just put the pieces on a black sweatshirt because I don't have the vest yet. I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

That is one awesome looking suit! It should be great when you are done.

I like the colour scheme - great job. (y)

Loranar

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back