Mandolorian Back Armor help!!!

gogamer2007

New Hunter
Im having a little trouble with the back side of the mandolorian armor. This is my first mando costume im making, so i'm kinda a rookie, but im making my costume on the more budget friendly (cutting out pieces from the plastic totes they sell at Walmart) but I can't find one big enough to make the back armor in one piece (Im no expert, and don't know how to combine two pieces) sure some of the 45 plastic totes would have worked, but they have a uneven surface and I would't exactly know how to fill in the space. Does anybody know where I can find a plastic tote big enough to for the back armor (or mabey somewhere I can get the same type of material) I live by boston if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try looking for a trash can with the same texture (or lack thereof) as the totes. You'll have to straighten it a bit, but you should be able to get a decent piece of plastic from one. Just make sure to take a flexible measuring tape with you to ensure the can is big enough in diameter to get the piece out of it.

Either that or make a segmented back plate. While I don't really care for the look where Mando armor is concerned, I have seen some very nice kits with them done extremely well.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back