Book of Eli

Hate to be the opposing voice, but I thought it was worth a rental and not much more. The clever twist at the end was almost enough to make you forget the complete lack of emotion and painful pacing of the movie. If they cut 20 minutes out of the movie, they might have had a stylish and memorable movie. As it was, it all relied on mood. A very sober, yawning mood. Sorry fellows, it could have been great, but it just wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only part I didn't really care for was the antagonist's in the movie or "bad guys" if you will. Their characters were very predictable and well, right down to the costumes --football shoulder pads-- took a page out of Mad Max, but overall the movie and story's twist trump all of that IMO

Well, you hit the nail on the head.....Mad Max with a purpose. That part I really liked. The underlying story was great, but the delivery was just too slow for me. Maybe because I saw Avatar the week before.

When he was overlooking the couple getting jumped and raped from the broken bridge, all I could think about was the same exact scene in mad max 2 when max looks through the gyro captains scope and sees the same thing. But I really enjoyed the movie. But I thought some of the things they let Eli see were a bit unbelievable. I mean come on. How could he hear the gunners on the roof durring the brawl in the town?

i liked the movie for the most part but something about it when he gets to that town with the "bad guys" it just went downhill. it kind of reminded me of fallout 3 and made me want to play that game after seeing the movie

SPOOILER:::

God spoke to him, he believed he would live to fulfill his mission. Whether it was true, or all in his head I'm not sure. lol If it was true then I assume god was playing a hand in helping him win the fights.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back