Any Luck At Jo-Ann Fabrics ?

F

FettinProgress

Hello was just wondering if anyone has come across the vest or neck seal material at a Jo-Ann Fabric store, or anything close,
thanks Jay

A very close match for the material was found a few months ago by one of the moderators. However, the material had to be bought in bulk (at least $500 worth), and was only produced twice a year. So alot of TDHers were able to send in enough fundage to cover the cost and get the "TDH-approved" fabric at that time.

As for Jo-Ann's, you might be able to find something similar. I've used the inside (wrong-side) fabric of a light-grey satin, called Casa Collection something-or-other. It works well, but it may be a color shade or two off.

I believe the mods will try another fabric run in the near future. Keep checking the board!

I bought my vest material at Jo-Ann's Fabrics here in Massachusetts. I used it inside out like LisaFett described in her tutorial. Worked well for me but its a bit too dark.

There are at least several different shades of gray satin commonly available.

I just found some really good polyester stuff that I think is perfect. It's washable, it's fairly tough, it has a very slight sheen, and it's a really pale gray. I'm using it to make hoods now, but I'll probably save enough for at least one vest. I found it at JoAnn's, but the trouble is that it's one of those things where they order a big box of "assorted bulk" fabric. Nobody knows what this stuff is, and I've never seen it before.

Oh well thanks the input evryone, but i just broke down and ordered a vest and neck seal from Richies Armor, since they do awesome work. can't go wrong there
thanks Jay

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back